SUB BOX LOCATION PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
only problem i have is tryin to get my big head in there to look under the seat. :roflmao as far as the jack goes i tossed that thing wasn't big enough anyways.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I have come up with. The box would go behind the rear seat on the passenger side. The piece of plywood on the other side is where I have other stuff mounted, amp, inverter, terminal strips for lights, etc.

The box works out to 0.685 cubic foot, that's with the backing ring inside it to recess the sub from the face. I have 4-5/8" depth at the center of the hole, and 3-1/4" at the top. The sub I am planning on running needs 3-3/8" depth, and requires 0.60 cubic foot. So, should I go the the trouble of making the sub recessed, or just make the whole box 3/4 of an inch shallower, forgoing all the extra trouble to gain some sub clearance on the front? Then my volume would be 0.594 cubic foot. This box is drawn up with 3/4 MDF for the front and back, while the top, bottom, and sides are out of 2 by dimensional lumber, so they are 1-1/2" thick. Lots of strength and some beef to run the screws into, probably overkill, is it excessive? The box would have more volume if I didn't do that, but it doesn't really need more space either according to the sub's specs.

This is the sub I was planning on running, anybody have experience with it? Kenwood eXcelon KFC-XW1000F.

Kenwood eXcelon KFC-XW1000F - 10" Shallow-Mount 4 ohm Subwoofer • Power Handling: Peak: 1000 watts / RMS: 250 watts • Butyl Rubber Surround • Carbon-glass fiber composite cone • Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 800 Hz - , Component Subwoofers, 10" Compone

How about this amp (much cheaper on ebay)? Is it too dirty? I like the idea of running a single amp for my door speakers and sub, and I'm not looking to go all out with my system, just want clean clear easy to listen to music. Kicker ZX700.5.

Kicker ZX700.5 - 5-Channel amplifier with Class D fifth channel • 70W x 4 + 210W x 1 @ 4 ohms • 85W x 4 + 420W x 1 @ 2 ohms • Bass Boost Remote Control • CEA-2006 Compliant • High Pass, Low Pass, or Full-Pass selectable - , Car Amplifiers, Multi-chan

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check ebay. Saw a guy on there selling custom boxes. I think it was Rodneys custom speaker boxes? But the one that I saw he had went behind the rear seat and held 2 tens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58