Sub Box..what will fit

whoami351

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, im looking to get a sub box and sub for a 99 f250 crew cab with the non-power sliding window, what is the max size (depth..top and bottom..and height) box that will fit.

the particular one im looking at now measures 10" D1 x 6-3/8" D2 x 21-9/16" W x 15-1/8" H Kicker 06TS10L52 ( TS10L5 2 ohms ) - 10" L5 Solo-Baric Loaded in a Vented, Angled Truck Subwoofer Enclosure • RMS: 450 watts • Peak: 900 watts • Sensitivity: 92 dB • Impedance: 2 Ohms - , Enclosed Subwoofer Systems, Ported Subwoofer Systems - Sonic E

any help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Depends if you want to move yer seat foward. That will prolly fit without moving your seat forward. I'll have to measure mine tomorrow to see how much room i have. You'll have to remove your tray also for that box.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a post here or I'll have to look for it that tells the measurements for a sub box that will fit with out having to move the seat at all. Had to move mine forward for the 4 10's to fit. New box is being built for 2 15's. I'll look, sure BR will post back the measurement.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok with the measurements you gave compared to mine and what BR posted in Here you are going to have to move the seat forward.

Reaction score
yep if i remember right it's in that post but if its not.

You unbolt the seat from the mounting brackets. There will be a square tubing bolted bottom of the actual seat with studs sticking down. You've got to turn that tubing 180 degrees and remount it. The seatbelt buckles will no longer reach but on ebay they sale seat belt extenders for 20 bucks.

whoami351

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sounds good to me, but i'll try out moving the seat and see about legroom loss and all, if it ends up being too much, do you know what the max size box can go back there without moving the seat?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58