Sub/subs in an extended cab

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking to have an audio comp truck...I really just want more bass than what it is factory. The other problem is that I really can't loose any interior space for it...cake and eat it too, I know.

I've seen the boxes to put the 6" or so subs under the seats, but I have my strobe power supply under one seat already. It has the captians chairs with console, so I really can't move it anywhere.

Also, I would rather not replace the factory head unit if possible. Can an amp be wired in to the factory head unit relatively easily?

Anyone have a setup that is behind the rear seat for the supercab truck? Any other thoughts that will get me what I want?

Reaction score
dont have a super cab but i can help you with the amp. jl audio amps have signal sensors so as soon as the audio goes to the amp it turns it on that way you dont have to run a remote wire and can keep yer factory radio

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jl audio also makes a 8 0r a 10" sub that can fit into your center between your captain chairs. jl audio also makes a unit called the clean sweep that lets you hook up amps to your factory radio and tunes it with a 30 band eq automatically. needless to say i like jl

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 inches isnt a sub...its a speaker and you wont get enough
thump to matter. if space is as tight (as i recall it is) in the xtra
cabs then theres even less room than in the crewcabs.

if you dont have room UNDER the seat then the only thing left
to do is use the console JL box (400 bucks) but it hits well.

personally i think youd enjoy a better "upgrade" (assuming you
dont want the console box) to upgrade/replace the factory
speakers in the front doors and rear

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not gonna be happy with 6 inch.

I have a twin 8 " bandpass box (small) behind rear seat, and its not 12 " bass but it sure kicks enough for me.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Has anyone fanangled some 12's into a Crew Cab?

EDIT: and still kept full functionality of the rear seat?

Reaction score
yeah dave i have two 12 inch W3V3's in my crew cab with a custom box made by custom sounds in san antonio tx. the rear seat had to be scooted forward 3 inches and i'm a big guy and can still get back there comfortably with the front seats slid all the way back. all you have to do is remove the 1 inch squaret tubing and flip it 180 degrees and rebolt everything together to get it to fit. still workin on gettin some pictures of it so i'll keep ya posted

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Sweet, definetly interested in some pics! I love the sound of 12's, and don't mind moving the rear seat forward a bit. I'm 6'5", but it's my damn truck, why would I ride in the back???

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a different truck...and theres no way those speakers have
the volume required !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58