Help Needed sudden missing lacking power.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's 10 here tonight and I just got the word that I have to go to Little Rock at 10 in the morning.
I think I have Power Service in my fuel tank but can't remember. I know I still have about half a gal in tool box.
Sounds like I better go and pulg the big gal up and let it be warming up some.
Doug

Not real sure about the White jug.. but with the Grey one... [to a degree] you can't Over Treat her. With my 6.7.. I've been jus' dumping a Whole (treats 40 gal) jug in... when I top off ? Sez for a quik treatment.. Double the dose ?

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That will keep the engine warm, but not the fuel tank. Add some Power service to the fuel tank to be sure. I see you posted this late last night, so you are gone by now...

DAve :dunno

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I think you all might be right about the fuel starting to gel. It was a little warmer today (low 20's), truck started well within 1 or 2 revolutions, much better throttle response, somewhat better power, still a little shaky but no smoke now, and of course its still knocking like a cold diesel. Will be picking up some white bottle PS and dumping in tomorrow, since it's suppose to be in the 30's I'll go for a drive and mix it up.

Noticed yesterday on the way home from work, very few diesel power vehicles, coinscidence?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
People are scared that they could be stranded by the gelling fuel. This is all about education and the cold. Just get the anti gelling juice and you are set to go.

Dave :)

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats some of the reason I post in the fourms, so other can learn if they have a similar situation. Education on anything is invaluable.

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update: I put half a white bottle of power service in the tank (almost full) and tried to go for a drive. It's back to what it was doing before, though I believe I have found the problem. when starting the truck I listen for the sound of the fuel pump out of habit, no sound. cycled the key again to make sure I just wasn't missing it. Did some quick checks like fuses and relays, finally had an assisant turn the key on while I held a test light on the terminal. Test light glowed bright, didn't feel the pump running.

I know theses engines need somewhere around 50 psi or so, but how it is running although badly, without pressurized fuel??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel Filter ?

Sometimes, if/when diesel fuels gel.. normally suspended, trapped or built up sediments in the fuel system can break loose, congeal.. and plug the filter(s).

Worth a Look See ??

Joe

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am 99% sure the filter will be clean, I have been using fuel from a can bought at the same time as my last fillup in other equipment, it shows no signs of gelling or clouding.
As long as the cap isint leaking I really dont want to open it and risk having it leak again.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 99% sure the filter will be clean, I have been using fuel from a can bought at the same time as my last fillup in other equipment, it shows no signs of gelling or clouding.
As long as the cap isint leaking I really dont want to open it and risk having it leak again.

;tu Yer call.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58