Suggestions for programmers

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm joining this party a little late, but I have the Edge Juice Platinum and I love it, but I am considering moving to the SCT simply because I've made all the mods I plan to make and the SCT can have custom tunes while as far as I know, the Edge cannot. I'd live something to take full advantage of all my modifications instead of a generic tune.
However, the Edge A2 has me considering it. Maybe they will upgrade the unit and make it tunable.

albran

Very Junior Member
Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with the tuner/head gasket situation.
The last time I checked (6 months ago) they still seemed to be responsible for a lot of ARP sales.

I see that they now have tunes for NON studded 6.0's.

Anybody have an educated guess if my healthy ZERO problem 50K mile, 4" exhaust, egr electrically disconnected 6.0 would live for at least another 100K miles if I put a SCT tow tune on? I tow heavy about 10K miles a year

NOTE: I'm NOT trying to start a debate just looking for an educated :hail opinion.
I can't afford the down time or the $$'s to stud.

Thanks
ab

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
albran,

what year is your truck? I would think with a good tow tune, custom written for your truck on a SCT, that you should be fine. But as you'll find, there are alot of trucks that blew the headgaskets stock, with no mods whatsoever.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying it wont happen but my 04 with 58,000 is still ticking, my banks 6 pack is nice, I dont tow with it set on higher outputs, but I do run it like crazy empty and have a little fun, nothing really serious, but there is no grass on the tires.:sly

albran

Very Junior Member
Reaction score
albran,

what year is your truck? I would think with a good tow tune, custom written for your truck on a SCT, that you should be fine. But as you'll find, there are alot of trucks that blew the headgaskets stock, with no mods whatsoever.

It's a 05 bought early 06 with 8k miles on it.
I wish I had known about the early tuned 6.0 problems before I bought it.
I wouldn't have been so disappointed when I found out it was not a good idea to tune the 6.0.

I check the status of the tuners every few months and noticed they seemed to be getting better (fewer head gasket posts) about a year ago. Now I see that there are tunes for non-studded 6.0's so I'm getting the urge to tune again.

Looking for some encouraging remarks about the new tunes. ;tu

Thanks
ab

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58