Sun roof no worky...

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed to replace the gasket around the sunroof a little while back. Old original had become so loose that the glass would rattle around at high speed due to the airflow over the roof.

Removed the glass, stripped off the old gasket, and had one b**ch of a time getting the new one on, mainly due to the odd way it's held in place. But, it finally was on.

Reinstalled the glass. Due to the new gasket being a tiny bit more pliable than the old one, it definitely fit tighter in it's "hole" than did the glass with the old gasket on it.

Go to open the glass in "vent" mode, where only the rear comes up. Works fine. Try to open it where the glass fully retracts into the roof, and I hear a slight "snap". I'm talking right after the glass should've started moving to the rear.

Now, I'm sure it will still open in "vent" mode, but the glass won't even begin to move to the rear for a full open mode.

Just how hard is it going to be to fix this?

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't take the glass out when I replaced the gasket on my sunroof. It was difficult to say the least to put the new gasket on but the sunroof works fine with no leaks.

It sounds like you have one of the slides off track or out of alignment. Take the glass out again and reinstall it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14