Super Duty Brake Rotors

FourXFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm gonna have to replace the front brake rotors on my truck, 03 7.3 f-250, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas on which type would be the best way to go..any experience to share. OEM?? Aftemarket? Help..:

TUGGER

Reaction score
I have frozen all the way around
no problems yet
I have not towed with them
stops much better than the old warped ones

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I've got the NAPA Ultra-premiums on mine... not drilled, slotted or cryo'd, but available with a phone call should anything happen...

snakyjake

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Roto-Tech Cryo:
Roto-Tech Cryo Extreme Performance Brake Rotors are precision Drilled & Slotted on CNC machines using the latest CAD-CAM design for perfect balance and alignment.

Extreme Performance Roto-Tech Cryo rotors provide you with maximum Stopping Power and will run 100-200 degrees cooler. This reduces warping, which allows for greater braking power and in many cases longer Pad life. The combination of Cross Drilled holes and Slots are constantly enabling the braking surface to be cleaner thus providing improved friction bite.

The drilled chamfered holes provide an exit route for Gas and Dust, resulting in better Heat Dissipation. The holes are also commonly called "cooling holes" .With COOLER Running Rotors there is less Brake Fade. The holes also dissipate water away from the friction surface when driving in poor weather.

Roto-Tech Cryo Cross Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors are OEM replacement rotors that can be easily fitted to all makes and models without any modification to your braking system.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I am running Powerslot cryo treated rotors with Hawk pads.

JL brings up a good point: If you need them now or are worried about support for an emergent repair in the future, go to Napa. If you are planning on changing them out and don't have a problem waiting for parts, order what you want.

jonwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Hawk pads with stock rotors - nice difference from wore-out OEM brakes.

I had a brake pin stick on my front rotor and needed new pads, rotors etc. In the interest of getting it fixed quickly I'm back with all OEM parts.

I like the Hawk pads much better. Haven't towed much since then, though. Have to build up my foot before I do. :)

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
I used IROTORS, I would not recomend the use of the pads that come with the rotors, the truck is way worse to stop than with stock rotors and aftermarket pads. I need to change the pads out, Im going with HAWK pads that should get me back on track...

pstroke2fiddey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why my 99 f250 2WD 7.3L truck's brakes seem to be pulsating when I hit the brakes. I thought it was due to bad rotors. First I took them off and took them to NAPA and had them turned and bought new pads. I put them back on and still had the problem. I have just put on brand new rotors and new pads and still have the same problem. I only have only done this to the front. I dont think the rears are an issue. Does anybody have any ideas what might be wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58