Super Duty Springs in my ‘95?

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
I’ve read somewhere about installing SD springs to improve the ride over what the stock OBS suspension provides. Anybody here ever done this?

I found some SD springs today and bought them. They were cheap enough that even if they don’t work out, no biggie.

The guy I bought them from told me they were from a 2004 F350. He couldn't tell me gas or diesel and I’m not sure it makes a difference. He got them used from someone else as a package -tires/rims/springs/shocks- and had no use for the springs.

Trying to to get more info on these springs I went to http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214083 to look them up from the numbers stamped on them, but couldn’t get specific information with out the spring code. Not sure where to find spring code, door sticker maybe?

Here are the numbers stamped in the springs;
Front:
3C34 ADA
R 098 4

Rear:
There were two different numbers on the rears,
1st.
RPN 090 4
3C34 CC
with paint stenciled on the top helper,
3C34-5A975-CC

2nd.
RPN o87 4
3C34 CC
no painted stencil

Do these numbers mean anything to anyone? Are these springs the right ones to do this mod?

I plan on installing this Sky RSK at the same time.

Thanks!

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing the exact thing right now. I have a Sky RSK on order, and already have the SD springs. I got them new from Ford and specified 2004, diesel V codes. I have the part number around here somewhere. I can go look tomorrow at the springs and see if they have the same numbers.

Here is what you will have to deal with. YES the springs are longer. Not sure how much but I think about 4-6 inches. This means that in order to center the front axle in the wheel wells, you will need to install the RSK as far forward as possible.

From the one that I saw do this the front bumber was forward about 3 inches from the wheel well. Looked ok actually. This is a picture of DesertWheeler on TDS:

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
Radar,
Have you found the numbers from the springs you ordered? Or does anyone know how to cross reference the numbers on my springs to the year/model truck they came from? I’d just like to be sure before proceeding with this swap that I’ve got the right springs.

Thanks

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
Hugered,

Did I understand right, that you got six inches of lift with just the SD spring swap and the Sky kit?

I’m not really interested in making my truck that much higher, the wife already complains about hauling herself up into it.:dunno I know that the Sky kit will give about a 3” lift to the front and I was prepared to live with that. 6” and I may have to reconsider this.

I’m looking for a smoother ride, not lift, though a few inches would be OK.

Thanks

hugeredford

this ain't no powerstroke
Reaction score
The springs are off of a 99' + f450 rear and I made a 4 leaf pack- creativity is key-i didn't do any kind of shackle flip I just extended the factory ones 2 inches down and the bushing bolts are a bigger size with my 8 inch lift there is almost no body roll. it is amazing how good it rides and drives over the stock set up.

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, the number painted on my springs are 3C34-5310-ADA. These are for a F350 'V' code, which will ride as basically flat springs. The 'X' code ride with a noticable arch, so you will get additional lift, and are stiffer.

With the Sky RSK, and the 'V' code springs I am told it will total about a 3 inch lift from stock F350 height. Since I already have a 4 inch lift, and the additional 1.5 inch lift from the D60, I expect that I will have a net loss of 1 inch which would equal about 3" total.

Keep in mind that I do not know for sure. This is just from what I have gathered from the folks on TDS that have done this already.

caryt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Before ya start check my posts on the The Diesel stop. Search caryt and you will get your answers;) I was the first to do this useing a RS kit but Shannon did it first useing stock Sd hangers. If you don't want any lift follow Shannons install instructions and adjust height as nessary with either X springs or SD lift springs.

Cary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58