SuperCab vs. Crew Cab

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Go with the Crew Cab. My 5'11" long legged wife sitting behind me (6' long legged) has a couple of inches between her knees and my seat. Also, when the kids get to the age that they want to stretch their legs you wont feel it in you back as they push your seat to the wheel.

I had an extended cab GMC and that seat was good for stashing you stuff not sitting in.

Take your time and get the truck you want. Good luck.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Go with the crew cab. :dh

Get the truck with the options you want. We did the same thing (upgraded 150 to 350) before we had any kids and now have three. People thought we were crazy to have such a "huge" truck for just the two of us. It is a diesel, you can keep it for over 250,000 miles without a problem as long as you take care of it. Good luch truck hunting and let us know if you have any questions when you do find one.

Scott

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
CC all the way, you and your wife will regret it after you have placed and removed junior's car seat half a dozen times the first day.

DITTO

crew cab is the only way to have a truck

plus after the kids are gone the pups like the fold down flat floor sleeper :D

BirdmanSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome... just joined the forum today, and lots of responses. Thanks for all the input, and I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on... Thanks again!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome... just joined the forum today, and lots of responses. Thanks for all the input, and I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on... Thanks again!

Take your time shopping. There are some pretty good deals out there and there are tons of crew cabs to fit any budget. Happy hunting. READ, READ, READ and Fire away with questions as needed. You'll learn all you need here. This is a very well moderated forum and a treasure chest of info on the Ford Superduty trucks.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, I was faced with the same decision back about 6 years ago. Of course my kids were already getting bigger, at the time the youngest was 9, and the boys were 11 and 12. I knew I wanted a CC and it had to be a diesel (dunno why, just wanted one) so that left me with pretty much one brand to choose from. Ford. Six years ago the IDI's were already starting to show their age pretty badly and it was near impossible to find a clean one, but the first gen PSD's (94-97) were still considered fairly young and their prices had come down with the intro of the SD's. I ended up snagging a 1995 CC with 100K on it and the rest as they say is history.

So as Tonkadoctor has suggested, take your time, the early SD's are now like my 95 was 6 or so years ago. If you take your time and do some footwork you can probably find an 01 or 02 CC in nice shape and it will probably fit your budget.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58