Superchip 1705

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Superchips 1705 that came with the truck, my problem is I can get the Tow safe and the High performance and return to stock working on it just fine but im under the impression there should be a setting in between those two and I dont see any clear way to gt to it..
Thanks For any info...

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have the two setting superchip. They had a run late before they changed to the three pos with the same model #, Can it read codes?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three models of SCMT for our trucks.

1700 : Original 2-program. Something like 60/80 hp for 99+, and 40/60 for 94-97. Tow and Perf modes.
1705 : 2-program again, and a CODE READER. Tow and Perf modes again.
1705 MAX : 3 program tuner. Tow, Perf-Tow, and Perf (60/80/110 I think).

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes it can read codes, if it only has 2 settings then i need to up grade, thought I was saving money...

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup two settings, sorry... But its a good excuse to get a chip or differant tuner!

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wishlist

Well I think one of those muti postion chips will be comming. Ok the idea of that just cheered me up:thanks

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding of chips, is that Jody Tipton is the hot ticket right now. Although, I dont HAVE a chip (I may change that in the future tho) so my chip comments should be taken with a grain (or a whole lick) of salt.

I do have the 3-program 1705, and yes, the PERF mode on it is WAY better than the 2-program perf mode, BUT, my tranny still shifts like a sponge, even with the sonnax/tri-c springs. BUT, at least Im blowing smoke now!

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do hear that DP is really good. and i will be looking for a multi switch type setup...I really hate having to plug in and switch for my moods, I still need my intake and exhaust, my exhaust is not factory from the muffler back, but DP and first few feet are.....they will all be comming, and the sonnex will be going in next weekend...

1Wild Bill

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1705 Superchip

I have one of these programmers and hae installed the performance setting. Today, I had tranny fluid running out the front. So, I decided to put the original program back in. But, when I plugged the thing in, it didn't power up. It just stayed blank. What could be wrong? I've already had it towed to the dealer too. I read in the manual that if they reprogram the computer, I can't use the programmer unless I send it back to them (Superchips). I guess I'm hosed, eh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14