superchip's programmer?

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. I have been reading some of the stuff and am looking for a little bit of performance for towing and MPG around town. I have an 07 F350 Lariot DRW 4x4 long bed, with it being so large i get around 14.5mpg highway and around 10-11mph towing/around town. I tow a 28" Dominator Racecar trailer loaded with cars from 2800-3600lbs, tows great in new jersey with flat roads. I plan on traveling farther next year and want a little more power for towing. I read first thing i should do is get a good set of gauges, any suggestions on brand? I know i should get EGT, trans temp, and Boost. Also I am wondering what your opinions/personal expeirence with the Superchips programmer that you can update online are? Not looking to have anything fast, just a little more power then stock.

thanks for any help,
Bill

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your moneys worth and more, get an SCT tuner. I had a superchips for my 7.3L and switched over to the SCT and am thoroghly immpressed. I do believe they do even better on the 6.0L:thumbs

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, i'm looking on dfuser.com at the sct tuners, i see theres the Livewire and Xcalibrator on there. I'm guessing the Livewire one is the better of the two, i read people posting about getting a custom SCT programmer? Are they are basically the same or am i missing something, i'm new to any kind of tuners or anything like this. i only know racecars with carb's and nitrous.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These diesels are a whole different animal, and once you start with the upgradin' your not gonna stop. Your gonna catch MOD FEVER just like most everyone else on this site! Pretty soon you'll have diesel fuel, injectors and water/meth injection on your brain, not gas, carbs and nitrous. :thumbs

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
Most people around here have the xcalII i believe the livewire is just more computer updateable and has the display monitor. may be wrong havent looked in a while but the whole custom thing is just meaning that they have selected their tunes from the list so it is diff and tuned to their needs and truck.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The livewire eliminates the need for gauges and gauge pods. it can relay all that information to you (if I am not mistaken)

Custom tunes on the SCT are just that, custom. the person doing the tunes can change other parimeters besides just fuel & timing.

They can make your engine fan come on sooner, make the tranny shift quicker and smoother, make the TQ stay locked up on accel & decel, make the tow haul more aggressive, full fuel at low boost, and so on and so on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14