Superchips

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering about the max 110hp setting on the superchips. is anyone running it and on the max setting how much smoke do you get. im loking for around 100-120 hp setting with minimal smoke. is this possible with my mods

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran it for a long time, nothing wrong with it, gives you about a 70-80hp boost to the rear. Can get hot!!!

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been running the superchips programmer for well over a year now. On the 110 setting I noticed some smoke but not a "black cloud." After I shimmed the FPR I noticed a lot more smoke. I were to do it all over again I would opt for on of the switch on the fly chips. I would like to change to one now if I could get rid of my programmer. Would make someone a good deal on it.

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I've had one of the SuperChips programmers in my truck for about a year. No problems with it at all.
It will puff some black smoke when you hit it hard , but very little compared to the big chips on this forum.
I leave it in the high setting and everything stays pretty good on temps
(here in Texas on flat ground)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
I ran it for a long time, nothing wrong with it, gives you about a 70-80hp boost to the rear. Can get hot!!!
Are those dyno numbers or seat of the pants guesses?

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, that was on the rollers, stock was (on my 97) 210hp, with the SC it went to 280hp... Might get a bit more on a SD...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Nope, that was on the rollers, stock was (on my 97) 210hp, with the SC it went to 280hp... Might get a bit more on a SD...
Pretty good numbers, I dont feel my numbers were that good with my SCMT and a set of Beans. My chip in the econo setting out performs my SCMT in HP mode.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like mine only puts out a nice black cloud when you romp on it and stay in it. Other than that its good, I run mine on the high setting all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14