superduty ball joint problems

7mmrowland

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok this the deal I only joined this forum couse a CHEBBY buddy talks **** when ever possable, the latest is the ford superduty's have early and continous balljoint failer,. prolly only thing he could come up with!
I coulnd argue couse :dunno
I have an 04 150 and dont know anything about this, so I did ask a buddy who owns a tire/oil change and lightweight repair shop and he did mention that he seems to fix alot of em some with as little as 40000 miles:eek: So whats the deal? Are you owners of these trucks having this issue and if so why isnt ford dealing with it?
Then he mumbled sumething about pulling the cab to repair or replace the fuel filter:dunno
Like I said looking for info, I didnt get much of a response over @ a F150 forum.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com
I had mine replaced at 60,000 miles. No you don't pull the cab for Fuel Filters, but you do for head bolts.

7mmrowland

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya what I think is really dumb is that if I owned a Superduty and the only thing that gave the most issues were just the darn balljoints I think I could live with it!

Bigfordguy03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have over 150K on my truck and I havent had to replace the ball joints yet (fingers crossed lol) and i do alot fo towing and what not with my truck.

X2 what WD40 said about the fuel filters.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
63k for me ,, because they are not greasable ,,
better than my old GMC 2500 HD 05 it went at 50 k crappy IFS

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I had the ball joints go in the right side at 90,000 miles. The other side is still good, but I have the parts in stock.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
A superduty is more of a truck than ANY government motors product. Frames and cabs are better. They might have us in the engine department but I think the new FORD diesel engine (lets see GM make their own) is doin great and keepin up or beatin it. A REAL truck has a straight axle hehe:bootyshak

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wish Ford would have left the Dana 60 alone and Kept the king pins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14