Superduty Question

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the flame thrower problem was fixed with a software update, so dont let that scare you away. also, the last i heard it happened on 9 trucks nationwide, and got blown WAY out of proportion.

jmorris3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the flame thrower problem was fixed with a software update, so dont let that scare you away. also, the last i heard it happened on 9 trucks nationwide, and got blown WAY out of proportion.

I've had two Job 1 trucks and neither of them threw flames despite my best intentions to get them too. :(

My first 08 was a 250, I had it for 5 months and traded it in on a 450 due to my trailer. My 450 did have one of the faulty radiators, but it was fixed under warranty. I've had the Job 2 front spoiler installed and have the most up to date ford ecu programming on the truck. No other problems to mention.

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that this was due to a cracked fuel injector (read "TOO much fuel"). If the truck didn't have THAT particular issue, no flame-thrower. Sorry.
I have a job 3 truck and I am VERY happy with it with 1800 miles on it. The fuel economy is approaching 14 with mixed, mostly moderate traffic, driving. It keeps geeting better. My two highway trips with less than 1,000 miles on the truck gave me about 15.5 MPG and that was with a regen that I noticed and moving along at well over 70MPH. It was also very carefully hand calculated, so you can take that to the bank.

The job1/2/3 is primarily related to options/standard equipment and the computer software (that can be upgraded and I believe is not restricted by job number).

Sorry for the long post. I hope it answers some of your questions and quells some of your angst...Regards and good luck...joe

Bearclaw67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here at the anchorage Int. airport we have two 6.4"s and both have been back to have front engine covers replaced in less than two months on the job.Heard possible Caterpillar or Perkins in the future, suppose there's any truth to that.

ichabod

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My job #1 truck is running just fine. Hoping to get the air dam replaced , butr besides that, no problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14