Superduty & RV's

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my truck a bit too much to be driving through the ocean like that, that's asking for a rust bucket in short order not to mention the electrical problems that can arise due to the depth of the water.

From the looks of things it appears that they went out in a low tide situation and didn't wanted to leave before the tide was at full high tide and were a bit late getting gone or didn't realize the tide was coming in. I'm going to hazard a guess that that sand bar will get covered with water at least a few inches when the tide comes in completely.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Way.. Not My Rig. Nope.

I see a lot of that, where we go at the Coast.. Class A's too ! Guyz cutting Sea Weed (Kelp) from around their open wheels'n brake rotors.

At Pismo Beach, Cali.. saw a guy loose a nice Fire-bird to the Tide.

There's a place where a creek dumps in to the Ocean.. you halfta cross it to get to the "Dunes"..Flooded out the engine, tide coming in.. 2 wreckers couldn't get it out in time.. I left as the breakers were coming over the hood.. and in thru the T tops.

No Way.. Not My Rig. Nope.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I used to go to Pismo Beach many years ago. Nothing has changed. They were flooding cars and trucks in the 70's and they still are doing it today. People NEVER learn.

Dave

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...he made it.:Hatsoff Not me, guess I'm either too chicken $#!t or just too smart to do something like that!

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was young and dumb once and hydrolocked a diesel by driving through water a little too deep. Never again. "S" shaped connecting rods don't work very well.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Can you imagine what will happen to those wire terminals after being immersed in salt water.

Tbar

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Most of the connectors would cease to operate after a couple of days. You would have the worst case(s) of corrosion ever.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
WOW! Yea I would never do that to my vehicles, not even my beater trucks. I hate fixing wiring and that would be such a nightmare haha. Atleast a big bad Ford made it pullin a heavy load. What a sight!:sweet:hail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58