SuperDuty Tow & Transport Pics (What Are You Pulling Out There)

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what some friends and I tow up to Suches Georgia couple times a year to go riding. I need to find one of the boat hooked up.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the state. In Texas, you don't need one; you just have to be under 65' total. There are other states that are similar, but there are also some that you need a commercial license to do it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a Commercial license you can do it.

Dave

And a note from your Mother, at least here is California...

Dave

Ain't That The Truth.. Got pulled over twice, in 60 miles.. Once to verify the CDL.. once for a "Safety Inspection".. about the Hitch set-up tag, and Brakes on the Boat trailer.

Through the years I'd say, 10/15 times.

Don't see the "Doubles" much, here in Caly.. I can see why but.. Whata a PIA.. (when yer legal ?)

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of setup are you pulling? Reason I'm asking is that I've already got a boat, and have recently had the itch to get a camper of some kind... the real hold-up is figuring out if I can safely get them both to the lake with a single vehicle. That, and the fact that my wallet is already empty..... isn't that what financing is for???? :lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shoulda been more clear.. I usta pull a 9K, 28' 5r and a 2K, 18' boat.. no problem with the F-350.. but I now have a 12K, 30' 5r and a ?K 20' boat.. I don't pull both now.

Haven't pulled tape.. for total length, or weighed the boat.. but I'm purdy sure I'd be to close to.. At, Near, or Over the max GCVWR.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boat is 18' as well, but it weighs in at about 3800lbs. Not sure which direction that I want to go with a camper yet, but it probably won't be as big as what you've got (or had).

How did you have the hitch setup on the camper?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl