Question Suspension Comparison

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
I have been looking at a BDS Suspension 4" and 6" lift for my 02 f250 diesel 4x4. One offroad shop is trying to get me to get a Rough Country Suspension lift 4" or 6". Dont know and difference in the to but I know I want a lift for the truck. Any preference on the to? Which is better? Thanks for any advice...

worshiprocker

Not a Rookie
Reaction score
hey beast i don't know much about rough country, I was going to go that route but I got a procomp lift for the same price. imho if the company is still around they must be doing something right. I run with a lot of lifted trucks and alot of them have procomp (best for the money) but the fabtec and rize industries kits are also higher end nice lift kits. Also some local shops offer kits (at least in AZ) The real question is are you going to replace the rear springs or just add blocks? are you towing alot or off roading? these can determine what lift kit to buy

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've got BDS on our Ex and it's okay, no problems with it. Rough country makes a good lift also.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Image010.jpg

Image012.jpg

This is a Rize lifts, It's one of the reasons, I like Rize lifts it's not cheeply made but it's not cheep doller wize but it has a out standing ride.
That is a 14" lift, I installed for 44" tires for a guys truck.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
In my experience, the rough country kits are just that, rough riding. They seem th appeal to the guys that are counting every dollar, and always go cheap. Fabtec,and procomp seem to be 2 of the better kits, not familiar with rize. But definately consider the rear springs if you can afford them. Blocks create axle wrap, and wheel hop. The springs woould be more stable when towing as well. Good luck

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bart,
The BDS kit is a good kit. They stand behind their product and the company has been around for a long time. We, Sport Trucks in B'ham, AL, install a LOT of BDS kits on trucks and Jeeps so if we can help give us a call if you are from the B'ham area.
Good luck with your lift.
Hal

Graydon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post here. I just bought a nice used '99 F250 ccsb with FX4 offroad package (if that means anything) The left rear seems to be sagging a little and the shocks are completely shot. I found a deal on a BDS 4" lift that is brand new, never installed but it doesn't include the shocks. So, I am planning to buy the BDS kit and finish it off with Bilsteins. Is that a good choice? I have used Bilstein shocks on lots of German cars, but I've never had a truck before. I see Bilstein is available for a 4" lift. Is the BDS lift consistent enough that I can buy the 4" lift Bilsteins and expect them to be the right size for the BDS suspension system? Are these the correct Bilsteins to use with the BDS 4" lift kit?
Fr - BE5-6245-H5
Rr - BE5-6246-H5

Thanks very much.

Graydon

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:SDD Graydon. Bilsteins work great on our trucks. I am not sure about your numbers and the lift. I am sure you looked them up on a Bilstein site.

Dave

Graydon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:SDD Graydon. Bilsteins work great on our trucks. I am not sure about your numbers and the lift. I am sure you looked them up on a Bilstein site.

Dave

Dave,
Thanks, I think this truck is going to be lots of fun. I love the power already and it is still stock.

Yes, I found the p/n on the Bilstein site. Glad to know they are good. They always worked great on my cars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58