suspension (level ride)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
it is exactly...

nothing scary about it bully er i mean bama...:lmao it is basically a 2 or 2.5" block lift..a spring shop wanted to charge me $350-400 to do the same thing...they do it all the time. that is what they do... i just am not gonna pay 350 when i can do it for 100.. :clap: i knew the option had to be out there and i just needed to find it...

Red, thats my bad, I looked at the link bush gave and not yours.

I see the spring pack you speaketh of now. :sweet

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Well, fellas. If I may, let me give you a little info on front suspension mods. ANY shop , or privateer, that offers to install a lift block or "mini-pack" on the front axle of your truck should be struck with the business end of a large hammer. Yes, it can be done. Yes, it will raise the front of the vehicle. but at what cost?

Lift shackles and add-a-leaf's are fine. They attach directly to the frame, and while they will move your front axle foreward slightly and turn the front pinion angle down, thus adding some stress to the U-joint on the front driveline, they will not "wiggle" their way out from under your leaf springs during an emergency braking situation or during a high speed turn (think Highway interchange/long sweeping turns). I dont care if they have a locating pin or not. Front lift block are a huge no-no. It's cheap-Its hoakie-and it flat out dangerous!:rant:rant:rant

The liability that this "welder" is taking on by trying to market his mini-pack is huge. He has essentially stacked multiple lift blocks together to give it the outward apearance of a spring pack. Imagine if one lift block measuring 2" in height causes laterial instability then what will 4 or 5 thin (possible spring steel, maybe hot roll flat bar cut to size) lift blocks do?

Red, you've got a beautiful truck that you paid good, hard earned money for. I would hate to see anything happent to it (more importantly, you and your family) because some cheap and dangerous mod was put on it for the sake of looks and/ or budget limits. Save your cash until you can swing the real deal or go with the shackles.

Please read before you let anyone mess with the front suspension. Thank you. (deep breath).4x4 Front Lift Blocks - 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
WELL, after some counseling in the principals office......
i probably will be doing the shackle or add-a-leaf setup. i will keep you informed.

thanks for the update Joe

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into all the options to level mine too. It's sagging pretty bad and I've got the stock 4" blocks in the back. I was leery of the mini-springs as I had read several warnings about not using blocks on the front. So far, I'm leaning toward a deal I found from a local spring shop. If I take the springs off myself and take them to him, he will re-arch them and add 1 leaf for about $225. He said he could lift it up to 3" max.

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Donahoe Racing had had a mini spring pack for years with great success and wouldn't market them if they were unsafe. anything home built i would be Leary of.. a shackle is tough to mess up and as long as the length is kept to a certain spec the Castor and camber will not be affected.

mini spring packs from DR/Icon are arched and are much longer than the ebay listed ones. and is it me or does it look like the ebay ones are welded together.

as for rearching.. it had been a waste...they will just ride really rough, break or loose the arch in very little time. best option is a 2" lift spring.. spend the 300 bucks and do it right the first time.

Last edited:

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RED if you need something installed or done just give me a shout..i probably have something here for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14