Suspension Leveling Kit ???

CLS Posse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a 2.5 " suspension leveling kit on my 05 PSD so I can put some bigger rims/tires on it. Does any one have any experience with a specific brand. I was looking at the ReadyLift kit and with it you need to go with 2 " longer front shocks also. The kit and shocks will run $ 400 + . There are some cheaper kits that don't upgrade the shocks and use a plastic type spacer but I was told they sag after time. I am wanting to put 33 " tires on . Any input will be appreciated. :thanks

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 250 or 350. There will be a difference in the two. The front will be the same but the rear factory block on a 350 is 3 3/4 inch and the 250 is 1 7/8 I think. I just finished my 06 350 I used a Cage 2 1/2" solid billit spacer in front with billstien 5100 shocks all the way around.It was 165 for the spacer and 278 for the shocks. If you have a 250 I think most guys are just geting stock 350 blocks and u bolts. I have herd bad things about the urithane front spacers you can get steel spacers for 80 and up.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i have bought the rough country 2.5" add a leaf spring kit for an '03 f350.
part number needed should be 6129. i inadvertently was sold (ebay) kit 6125 which is a little longer (need to cut off about 1.5-2"). still sitting on bench in garage, just need to find the time to install. does not sound too difficult.

p.s. i don't mind telling you, i spent $84 on ebay +s/h = $100. when i called rough country about a question, the guy told me i had the wrong kit and needed the 6129 - of which THEY sell for $72...:doh: live and learn.. also was told the factory shocks should be fine and no trac reloc. bracket needed until you do a 3" or over lift...

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this mod and is well worth the time. I bought the coil spring spacers off of e-bay for $90 shipped. I used the steel spacers to prevent sagging. Also bought a set of oem rear blocks for a 350 then had u-bolts made at a local spring shop to acccomodate the 3" blocks.Still using factory shocks with no problems. Am now running 315/70/17 tires which are like 34.5" with no problems anywhere. Can take pics of spacers if needed. A pic after the lift in profile. Overall the lift gave me 2.5" in front and of course 3" in back. Total cost less than $200.

CLS Posse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Another question is do you need to do the rear blocks ??? Or will just the front kit be ok ?? If you just do the front it looks like the rear will accomodate the bigger tires.....or am I missing something. Super 05 your truck looks sweet :sweet

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Skyjacker 2.5" kit on mine. it came with new 2.5" taller coil springs for the front and 1" add-a-leaves for the rear. It came from ebay shipped for $318. I really like how it sits, but I don't think it really needed the rear lift to clear. The back's just a hair taller than the rear. My 35" Nittos rubbed the front plastic wheel-well liner at first, but I just pulled the plastic pins out, pushed it as far back as I could, and put a couple screws through to hold it, and it's never rubbed again, even when I took it off-road.

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I just remembered that I should add that my stock shocks work fine on mine even at full droop.

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks CLS.. I had to do the blocks because of rear sag. I can't stand rear sag! The 2.5" spacers in front made the rear about 1" low by the tape. Just looking at it looked like more than an inch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58