Suspension lift to clear 38"s

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Make sure you get a tire that is ATLEAST a load range D, prefferably an E.

As far as the steering issue you mentioned, I have never seen it be a problem on an 8" lift (I have no problems with mine) but if you go any higher than that, you need to get a crossover steering kit, and it will eliminate any problems, you can do up to a 22" lift, maybe bigger and not have steering problems.

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes with 8" lifts it is recommended to run a x crossover steering system which replaces the pass side knuckle drag link and pitman arm, and relocates the drag link over the spring for less stress on the steering sector, which could break while driving down the road,
If that was to happen the truck will have no steering.
8" is recommended but anything over that it is required.

If your going to 37" you will want to run a 6" lift, you still may have some slight rubbing but that can be dealt with later.

I would recommend (18" rims) the 37x13.5x18 otherwise if you run the 36" they are 15.5 inches wide , on the smaller side there are 35x13.5 sizes also.

and all of the ATZ SLT tires are 3,500 load rating or higher so you still retain D-E classifications.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that was a supreme tip! I definately think, I will go with the 6"/37" solution. Anyway, allthough 8"/38" would be nice indeed, I don't want to run a truck that is too much in-your-face, because of local regulations.
Heres a foto of my stock SD and a very similar SD that has a 4,5" lift and 37" tires. I think it looks pretty good. 6" would be even better.GratisUpload.dk - Upload dine filer her

Thanks again. BTW do you know of any stores, that will ship the ICON/Donahoe kits abroad?

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if you need to bring it back to the states it will need to fit in a container. so your limited there.

that picture looks bigger than 4.5

I am sure Ryan at SDHQoffroad.com or offroadwarehouse.com or Dave at Diablo Offroad.com or Jesse at farmboyfabrications.com will .

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I downloaded your profile picture from Icons gallery before I knew it was your truck... That is a sweet ride indeed. I like the hood. Thanks for the advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim