Question suspension lift vs. leveling

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'm new to the forum and have a few questions about lifting vs leveling. i have a 2005 f250 and i would like to fit 35's on it. i have a 2.5" coil spacer on the front and i'm debating whether to just add blocks to the rear, or go ahead and throw on a 4" lift. can i fit 35's with just the spacer on the front? my reason for not wanting to lift it is $$$ --- lift kits are expensive and if i can fit 35's without a lift i would like to try. any suggestions?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
welcome!! when you get a chance fill out your signiture so we know what you're working with.... im assuming by your name that you have a 2005... there is a pic of my 05 F350 with just the 2.5'' leveling kit and mickey thompson 35's in my sig right under these words... plenty of room

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks, i just seem to remember seeing some posts stating that they had to trim the fender liners, etc for 35's to clear without rubbing. mine is a 2005 f250 fx4... sig update to come... will the stock 17" wheels fit ok, or will i need to buy some new wheels? i'm not sure what the stock backspacing is, but i would like new wheels, just don't want to spend the $$ right now...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
you should be fine... and if they to rub a lil it won't take much to pull the plastic fender well back a lil... i don't see why you would need that... the 2.5'' leveling kit should get the job done... my wheels are 18's but 35's are 35's sooo... you should be fine

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they will fit, I put 35 toyos with 20 inch rims on my last one with just a level kit. The wheel will hit the plastic liner. YOu can trim it. OR pull it back.

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2005 f350 and i purchased the 3in lift springs from rough country and left the rear stock and added 35's. i have no rubbing at all.

truck.jpg

Last edited:

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks guys, hey missingsc331, i see that you have the procomp xtreme all-terrains, which is what i was lookin to get. how do they ride on the road, my truck is a daily driver so i kinda need something that rides halfway decent

hemidude426ci

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
35s with just a leveling kit?

StrokePower, I really like the look of your truck. I just threw a 2.5 inch leveling kit on my 03 F350 CC FX4 and my stocker 265/75-16s look doinky. Can I really squeeze a 35 inch tall tire in on there??

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I think with the 99-04 trucks it depends on the leveling kit.... i know on my 03 i had a 2" leveling kit that only gave me about 1'' difference... i probably couldn't have fit a 35... i ran 33s and they were snug but still very driveable.... the 05+ trucks have the coil spring front ends so raise with the leveling kit is every bit as claimed by the manufacturers.... I would be cautious or try to find somebody willing to let you put one of theirs under there to see if it'll work before purchasing some... but 33's will defintely fit...

or talk to a manufacturer and see what they say...

good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl