Suspension popping??

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
In the past couple of weeks my suspension has started to pop under load. It seems to only happen when something (big bumps, some speed bumps, etc.) It does not matter if I am turning or going straight. I have a lift on here but it is definately something in the front. I know you guys can help.

Thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Jack the front end up and shake the tire top-to-bottom.

I'm guessing ball-joints... maybe wheel bearing...

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Take a look at tyour sway bar links as well. To include the mounts for the bar on the axle. After mine was lifted - i have to ccontinually tighten them even with lock tight on the threads. Thought about simply putting a small weld bead that could be knocked off but thought that might be excessive.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im guessing its its balljoints...a DIY job...or pay a dealer 900-1100 bucks
you pick ;)

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the sway bar link bushings. Mine is doing it right now and the bushings are worn big time. But do check out your ball joints and tie rods in the mean time. These SD's like to eat up the front end parts.:sweet

jobaa

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had a similar knocking when going over bumps. everything looked o.k. i found the bracket from the runningboard to the body had a loose screw. every time i'd hit a bump it would rattle. sounds like loose suspension. good luck.

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am having the same type of problem, except mine is when I make a hard tuner mostly. I have replaced everything in the front end including balljoints, tie rods ( inner and outter) sway bar end links sway bar bushings( both were energy suspension ones) I am at a loss for what else there could possibly be. Was told that there are not replacable bushings in the springs. Open to any suggestions!

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trac bar bushings? Mine made all kinds of different noises until I upgraded to an aftermarket adjustable trac bar.

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I had also changed the trac bar bushings as well. The only thing left are the spring bushings, which im told are not replacable, and possibly the spring hangers. Does anyone have a clue what could possibly be wrong. Do I need to up grade to an aftermarket trac bar. I dont have a lift and dont see anything wrong with the factory one. Thanks for any and all help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58