suspension question about a 05 f250

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
does anybody know what the stock spacing should be between the rear leafs and frame or the stock spacing between the over load leaf and the bump stops for them, i know they shouldnt be touching unloaded but my do, i trying to figure out how much my rear leafs are saging. its starting to annoy me that my truck looks loaded down all the time.

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the dealer could tell you those specs.

If the rear is sagging, how much is it sagging?
Where is that pro comp 2" leveling kit installed?

Are the shackles long enough?
Are the shocks the proper length for that truck?
Are the springs the correct springs for that truck?

Maybe its not that the rear is sagging, but the front is too high.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anybody know what the stock spacing should be between the rear leafs and frame or the stock spacing between the [over load leaf and the bump stops for them, i know they shouldnt be touching unloaded but my do], i trying to figure out how much my rear leafs are saging. its starting to annoy me that my truck looks loaded down all the time.

Just based on the Overloads touching the stops ? If you don't have much of a load in the bed.....What the clearances are Supposed to be.. and what they in fact Are ?.. sounds like you have weak or broken leafs. Maybe it just time for new spring sets ? (IMO, Sets are much easier to R&R and a better RIO in the long run)

:dunno

Last edited:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I'll stop be the dealer tomorrow to see what the specs should be , as far as the leveling kit I installed , the front of the truck was lower than the front stock so I installed the procomp 2 " leveling coil spacer and shock spacer kit. I haven't done anything to the rear but it doesnt look right, I'm gonna get under the truck today and look for possible broken leafs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58