Suspension Question

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I am wanting to put 2 inch add a leafs on the front of the truck(and block the rear) to alleviate the minor rubbing of the tires on the bumper corners as well as put it up a little. My question is : will this work as well as I am imagining? and where can I find U bolts long enough to work with the new add a leafs and the original leafs?

thanks-

Zach

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Zach, The add-a-leaf system of raising your truck is not the best way to accomplish what you want. Get a kit that levels out the truck.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
New U-bolts come with the kits. I got a Pro Comp Kit from 4 Wheel Parts and I am not happy with it. I will have to change out the kit for something else.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Add-a-leaf will do it but the ride becomes very harsh. Most of the time the u-bolts are long enough for the add-a-leaf as there is a shim that is removed when the leaf is installed. I ran a add-a-leaf for several years but then went to a shackle reversal kit for a better ride. Off Road Unlimited and Sky manufacturing make a reversal for your truck that would be a better option than a add-a-leaf.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I have add- a -leafs on the back of my 150 to help with haulin stuff in the bed. When empty the ride is horrible. I think I'm takin 'em off. They tend to make an annoying squeak when there is not or little load on them. just my .02.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14