Swaping motor to a new cab

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
I will try to get some photos soon.
All of the build up photos are have been taken with my cell phone, but I will try to get some with my digital camera.

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tried all previous tips learned by you guys and I cant seem to get this truck restarted. Is jump starting sometimes the only trick? What do u guys with automatics do?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check HPO pressure

when you say jumping the truck I presume you mean pushing it and popping the clutch? if that works then you have a starter and/or battery problem.

you may need to get a scan tool hooked up so you can see what is going on with the computer and make sure that the computer is seeing the correct inputs from the sensors so that it will trigger the injectors to start

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How do u check the hpop?
I have a charger on the system the starter sounds perfect and its cranking like perfect.
The past 2 other times I ran it out of fuel once i did get it started by pull starting it turned on and ran perfect after that.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy way check is to get an oil filled hydraulic gauge and adapt it to thread into one of the ports on a high pressure oil rail. You get the oil filled because it will help to dampen the vibrations from the engine.

If you are showing pressure there someone else will have to tell you the minimum for starting or search will reveal it because I can't remember right now. then I would suggest a scan tool so you can determine if the computer is recognizing the input from the ICP.

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
minimum hpo pressure is 500 psi to start. you can check the level of oil by the fill plug on the right side of the top of the hpo reservoir. it should be less than 1 inch from the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58