Sway Bar for Lifted trucks?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Any ya'll know where to obtain rear sway bar kits that will work for lifted SuperDuty/Excursions?

Friend has a 2002 4" lifted Excursion that needs a rear sway bar:sweet

:thanks Bill

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You just use a standard sway bar such as the one from Hellwig and cut the vertical links in half and extend them the required amount. The best way to extend them is to slip the cut ends inside a piece of tube and weld them in place.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I was hoping there was a sway bar built for lift kits as I don't have a welder available to me. I picked up the Hellwig from Summit about 5 years ago for our Excursion back when the end links were adjustable.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Bill,

Yea, Most just extend the link somewhy or buy the extended links, I think there maybe a few compaines that sell them.

Let me check.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I don't have a welder available to me.

That sounds like a problem with a REALLY simple solution. ;) :sly If you get one, I have a 230v/30A outlet in the garage at Casa de JV that you're welcome to use and while you're here, there are a few projects I wouldn't mind you taking care of while you're at it (smoker, hitch-mounted clay pigeon thrower, hitch mount for my BBQ grill, etc...).:D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I don't have a welder available to me.

When you insert the ends in the tube just drill a 1/4" hole through the side and run a grade 8 bolt through it. Another option is a pin and clip so that the sway bar can be easily unhooked for better articulation off-road.

bonfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bill,
I have a welder and would be happy to assist.

Bill

I was hoping there was a sway bar built for lift kits as I don't have a welder available to me. I picked up the Hellwig from Summit about 5 years ago for our Excursion back when the end links were adjustable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58