Sway

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
I would like to try and reduce the sway that I experience with my 94 Lance 480 9.5 foot camper on my F-350 SRW. The truck does not have progressive overloads (which would probably help a lot), nor does it have a rear sway bar (which would probably help a lot).

I have developed a couple of options, which do you guys think is best?

1.) Aftermarket Hellwig rear sway bar only - $250
2.) Air Bags - $350
3.) Prgressive overload springs - $?
4.) Combinations of any of the above for maximum benefit…

I have an acquaintance that says that his airbags made the sway worse, that they were bouncy like afootball. But I would belive that this individual would be dumb enough to not run independent lines to them, so they were probably transferring pressures back and forth.

I like progressive overloads because they require no thought 9you don’t have to add or release air pressure) and do not effect ride at all when empty.

I don’t know how much difference the sway bar makes, but presumeably, a big one, since my buddy has one and does not experience sway like I do. So, I am leaning towards progressive overloads and a sway bar.

Any input or other ideas?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Air bags and a sway bar. Another thing that helped mine alot was getting the factory overloads in contact with the springs. Take a look at the Overload spring perch thread here in towing and hauling. Last thing is tires- Get some E rated tires and pump them up to maximum pressure. I am running a 3000# camper up on 35" rubber and get very little sway with airbags, overload perches, sway bars f&r and E rated Toyo tires that are good for 3860@65psi

I can't imagine that a F350 did not come with a sway bar from the factory.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Another thing that helped mine alot was getting the factory overloads in contact with the springs.
Don't have them. Never did...

Last thing is tires- Get some E rated tires and pump them up to maximum pressure.
Got 'em already...

I can't imagine that a F350 did not come with a sway bar from the factory.
That's what everybody else told me, too. It only has the one up front. Not the rear.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 didn't have a rear sway bar from the factory either. It has the mounting plates on the rear end for the brackets to bolt to but nothing else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14