Question switching from diesel to wvo/svo

Police Package

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys(and gals)!
Its been a long time but I do have a quick question. When using a switching unit like Frybrid will I need to cut power to my original fuel pump?

Thanks for your help and suggestions....

-Police Package

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
BioDiesel

As far as I know your going to need to start the engine on Diesel in order to heat the WVO to engine coolant temperature before switching to it. The WVO is very viscous and will not flow when cold. I did do an injector job on a T444E recently running on WVO and he had a pressure switch to tell him the fuel can be switched over to Bio. Try these guys Dino Fuel Alternatives | Alternative Fuel, Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems, Vegistroke & Bio Diesel
They have simple kits to convert your truck but remember lubricity, WVO has none for the injectors! (additive, pre-mix)

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
I noticed on my way to Florida when I entered a Flying "J" in Valdosta,Ga to fill up my 2001 F-350 7.3 PSD that 4 of the 12 diesel pumps had newly installed signs above the filling bays saying "LOW SULFUR DIESEL ONLY". I headed my rig into a regular # 2 Diesel pump and filled up. However,now that with have set up our Designer Fifth wheel into to it's winter vacation site that most of the fuel here near Ft. Myers is "Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel" I put half a tank of this "Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel" in on top of approximately 1/8 of a tank of the remaining #2 Diesel--IS THIS NEW 'Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel" OK to run in my 2001 7.3 PSD ??????????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have no choice. Low Sulpher Diesel has been around for a while now and every one HAS to sell it ONLY (except for Red Diesel).

Dave

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My red diesel purchases for the last quite a while have all been ULSD too, makes no difference anymore, and I get it by the transport load from the distribution terminals, so if they had anything else, I would rather get that instead....

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows where anything besides ULSD is I'd like to see it. As far as I have heard the only think produced at the refineries is now ULSD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58