T/C or Trans?

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need help figuring out if my t/c went south or if the trans might have a problem? i plan to crawl under ther tomorrow to make sure a wire didnt come loose or something. i used to have a banks trans command installed and took it off when i installed the 6 position chip. oh, and if it matters, not really, but i just installed the sonnax tri-accumulator and springs w/ new filter. not sure of the gear/gears but it flared up a few times times. go to take off and it wouldnt shift. would rev but wouldnt change gears. this was at slow speeds like doing a u turn under a overpass.

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the 6 position chip has a transmission shift firmness file on it, i dont think it is a good idea to have the sonnax kit installed. it might raise the line pressure to much

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm.. dunno about the file thingy. will take the kit out and try it. sure would be nice if it fixes my prob.

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its the tranny. locks up rear wheels when shifts to 2nd. can you make a 2wd tranny work in a 4wd vehicle my changing or removing the rear tail cover? found a few 2wd trannys locally. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14