SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i think this to be one of my favorite features of the 08's

tailgate_steps_100.jpg

08f-250_sd_44_100.jpg

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I think the step is a good idea, but not practical. Possibly for older people who take care of their trucks, but I am still young and can climb right in. The contractors and service companies that would have the step would absolutely be ripped off in a matter of months on purchase of the truck. Just my opinion.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the tailgate step, but it's not for everyone. Yes it will probably be bent out of shape or ripped off at construction sites (someone will probably leave the step down and start driving. Just like the "add-on" running boards - some people like the rails going down the sides and some like the little narrow steps.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i reckon thats the option i will NOT be checking off when i special order my new 2008 F450 :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

yea right, my wife would put my N*TS in a vice if i even thought of ordering a new truck. :eek: :roflmao :roflmao

z71burb

08 owner
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i reckon thats the option i will NOT be checking off when i special order my new 2008 F450 :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

yea right, my wife would put my N*TS in a vice if i even thought of ordering a new truck. :eek: :roflmao :roflmao

my wife actually encouraged me to get a super duty over some of the other options on the market, so i'm pleased to say that i placed the order for my 2008 f-250 diesel fx4 this week - silver over dark shadow gray, black leather, almost all options. hopefully it shows up in march or so.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
z71burb said:
2008 f-250 diesel fx4 this week - silver over dark shadow gray, black leather, almost all options.
Silver over dark shadow gray? I've never seen that option. Usually it's the other way (dark shadow gray on top). Send pictures when you get it. My son's 06 F150 SuperCrew is Dark Shadow Gray over Silver. There are lots of them on the road in that color.

z71burb

08 owner
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Silver over dark shadow gray? I've never seen that option. Usually it's the other way (dark shadow gray on top). Send pictures when you get it. My son's 06 F150 SuperCrew is Dark Shadow Gray over Silver. There are lots of them on the road in that color.

the fx4 package comes with the dsg flares, and there is a new option for two tone paint with the fx4 package. so - the entire truck will be silver, with the flares and bottom part of the truck dsg.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do post pics of silver over dark grey sounds good. I saw one that was gold over silver (custom paint I guess) it looked great.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old persons view on step

That step might work for a young or middle age person, but it has to much of a drop for us older people. I carry a aluminum step ladder that is the same height as the tail gate. It has three shorter steps, four counting the top. I tie it to the metal tie down by the tailgate. It is cheap and portable and unless you drive over it,( which I have done) it stays in good shape. Plus you do not have to modify the tail gate. I am on my second aluminum ladder.
For us older guys that use tractors, I carry a plastic step with a rope attached to it, step up from the step to the tractor, holding the rope, then pull up the step and store on the tractor until I need to get off.
Getting old is not fun, but the alternative is death.
:grin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg