Help Needed Tail light question.

ColoradoSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Seems that when my truck is sitting, the tail lights come one. Sometimes they do it for a few seconds, and other times they stay lit for a long period of time.

The truck has nothing aftermarket, except the gauges, exhaust, and a different hood. (I think we all know the damage a aftermarket hood can do to the electrical system!!!)

So detail on the truck, are, 03, CC, DRW, LB, 7.3, and 6 spd.

Any ideas, would really be appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Brakelight switch may need to be adjusted. If it was parking lights the front's should also be on. Electrical gremlins can really put ya over the top.

ColoradoSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Park Lights

Brakelight switch may need to be adjusted. If it was parking lights the front's should also be on. Electrical gremlins can really put ya over the top.
Sorry, I didn't say which lights were coming on. Park Lights are the problem, but only the rear,

I did put a brake light switch, and the low pressure switch on the lower front of the M/C. The M/C swith worked for about 2 months, and the problem has returned.

Ford says they never heard of this problem, and it's time and materials to figure this out. Amazingly enough, the truck has just over 40K, and this started 60 miles out of warrenty.

For what it's worth, Courtsey Ford in Littleton, is pretty sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14