Tail_Gunner's howz it goin'.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I don't post as much as I used to here, even though I still check in from time to time.

Things have been going alright for me and Mrs TG lately. Job's going good, just got a raise on my 2nd anniversary.

Last November, my dad's fiance passed. They were together for about 20 years. That let a lot of wind out of his sails. I've been working on moving him from the Minneapolis area up here to da U.P. to be close to us. We're going down in a couple of weeks and making the actual move. He'll be staying with us initially until a opening happens in one of two apartment complexes we're looking at.

Last summer I got a new toolbox for my grandson.
View attachment 12955

View attachment 12957

View attachment 12956

I'm just going to be using it at work until I retire and he gets old enough to use it. :)

Also we're eagerly anticipating our new camper. We ordered a 2013 Jayco Eagle 284BHS.

View attachment 12958

(We're not getting the camper from that dealer, but it is the same model. I just borrowed the pic)

We felt that we wanted to get a nice camper to have once we both eventually retire. Income wise, now is the time to get it. We're both working full time and doing the best we have financially in years.

The 2011 GMC 2500 HD and the Duramax has been treating me very well also. I still miss my 99 7.3 though. The Duramax is fast, but with what I had done to my 7.3, it was scary fast, especially when I would forget which setting I had the chip on. (It would do 0 to 60 in under 7 seconds) But the Duramax is getting me much better fuel economy. IIRC, I was getting around 17 to 18 Hwy with my 7.3, I have seen as high as 21.5 Hwy with my Duramax.

Oh and BTW, my daughter got engaged in Dec. Her boyfriend popped the question finally, they'd been together for going on 3 years. They're getting married June 2014.

I think that covers most of the high points. I haven't totally disappeared, I'm still checking in from time to time. Been around here far too long to permanently log-off.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
Really glad to hear everything is goin well for you TG! I certainly don't post as much as i used to, but I'm still on here reading just about every day! And that tool box...holy moly i think thats every man's dream!!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thank you Tail Gunner! Good news on your front. Your Ganndson's toolbox looks great. Do you get to use it? Not a lot has happened to me since I moved out of the SF Bay Area. GOOD MOVE. I enjoy living in a small community. My GF and I run down to Santa Rosa, about an hour away, for the weekly shopping for items we can't get in Ukiah. I still have the F-350 and I need to wash it.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you TG.. and glad things are going well for you and the Mrs. ;tu ;tu

Joe

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. There are more drawers obviously in the toolbox. But I didn't have pics of the others. I suppose I should get some if not for any other reason, the insurance company.

I imagine at some time in the future, a certain young man is going to think I am the coolest grandpa on the face of the earth.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Hey TG. Nice toolbox!
Might want to delay the arrival of the camper. I hear that summer is delayed until 2014 for the upper midwest :lmao
I hope you still like SNOW :D

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hey TG. Nice toolbox!
Might want to delay the arrival of the camper. I hear that summer is delayed until 2014 for the upper midwest :lmao
I hope you still like SNOW :D

We're under a winter storm warning for the next 3 nights straight.
They're saying maybe a foot of the real wet heavy stuff which I really hate.

Did I mention that I think Al Gore is a moron?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58