Question tailgate camera

fklarmeyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 2011 F350 has a backup tailgate camera but I cannot use it when I mount my camper because I have to remove the tailgate. Also, the rear sensors are disabled.

So, I’m looking for an additional backup camera for my 2011 F350 when I take the tailgate off for a camper. Is there a plug compatible camera module for me to mount on the bumper available from Ford or other source?

Details of the wiring harness for tail lights, license plate lights and camera would be helpful.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome3 fklarmeyer. Here is a page from Crutchfield.com that shows the cameras that will work on your truck. You get to decide about the cables.

Dave ;tu

fklarmeyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I would rather not have to decide about the connecting cable. I think there are also prox sensors in the wiring.l

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What I meant by deciding on your own cables is; I have the DVD for a 2004 F-350 that shows all of the wiring and mechanical parts for My truck. It did cost a pretty $$$. I do not have the DVD for a 2011 F-350. You can if you want this information. To my knowledge, no one here has the 2011 Ford Service DVD. They are not available free online, that I know of. The ball is in your court. :)

Dave :)

Last edited:

rpbfixit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I found one at sams about a year ago. it's wireless from the module i mounted under the bed rail to a 7" screen in my cab that plugs into the lighter. wires are from camera to reverse lights to module. it works great and even has an aux. input so i can use it for a dvd screen. think i paid about $125. if they dont have it they probably know the brand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58