Tailgate squeak

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a little squeak in the tailgate that is driving me crazy... I can hear it when i've got the back sliding window open. My dad's truck (2006) had the same problem, and the dealer adjusted something on the tailgate while it was under waranty. My truck (same year, 2006) is not under waranty anymore, so that's not an option. Anyone know what exactly needs to be adjusted to kill this squeak??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Move the looser of the two sides of the tail gate in toward the cab. To determine the looser of the two sides, shake the left and then the right and determine which side is looser. Loosen the anchor pin that the tail gate latches to. Only loosen a little bit and knock it toward the cab about 1/8". Shut the tail gate and drive it to see if it went away.

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
WD40 on the hinges in the tailgate... mine did it and it drove me nuts!... i put WD40 on the hinges and wala... it was a good 2 maybe 3 months then i heard it again... one more squirt and wala.. gone again...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
of course my solution only covers up the problem... Dave's solution might be the best route to fixing the problem.. i might have to try that when i get some time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58