Taking the Dynatrac Hub Conversation Leap!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Labor Day update

I've got everything apart and ready for assembly of the new stuff. But on teardown, I realized I needed new seals on the end of the inner axle shaft. But all the parts places are closed on Labor Day. -mad What's the point of a 3 day weekend if you can't get anything done? Right now I sure wish we had an Autozone or similiar place in town. Seems to me those places are more likely to be open on certain holidays than Car Quest, NAPA, and stealerships.

Once I get new seals, I should be done fairly quickly. I've got pics to this point in my webshots page:

Tail gunner's pics

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Tail_Gunner said:
I've got everything apart and ready for assembly of the new stuff. But on teardown, I realized I needed new seals on the end of the inner axle shaft. But all the parts places are closed on Labor Day. -mad What's the point of a 3 day weekend if you can't get anything done? Right now I sure wish we had an Autozone or similiar place in town. Seems to me those places are more likely to be open on certain holidays than Car Quest, NAPA, and stealerships.

Once I get new seals, I should be done fairly quickly. I've got pics to this point in my webshots page:

Tail gunner's pics

your not going to well on this project sorry to here that. :cowboy:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It"s Done!!!!!!!

After several setbacks and delays, I'm finally finished. :thumbs
The last set back was that I messed up one of the spindle nut locking rings and had to order a new one. I'm not sure but I think the big ol' spindle nut driver caught one of the tabs on the locking ring, turning it and screwing up the tab that fits into the keyway slot on the spindle.

The last and final glitch is the hub caps won't fit over the new hubs. The new hubs are bigger around and longer than the factory stuff and won't fit through the hole in the hub cap. I could have tried a hole saw, but I didn't want to butcher it to where it looks like real crap. So I took the hub caps down to my buddies at Car Quest and the guy in the machine shop is going to try to turn the opening large enough for the end of the hub to pass through. I was thinking that a brake lathe or something should do the trick. It's plastic, so it ought to be fairly easy to shave enough material off to make it work.

On edit: the enlarging of the hubcap opening on the first one went OK. He had me test fit the 1st one just to make sure it was large enough to fit over the Dynatrac hub. The only thing left is to check lug nut torque after a 100 miles or so.

Driving impressions: It feels good with no apparent adverse effrects. Actually the steering has a slightly lighter feel to it.

Again the story in pictures is HERE.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg