TC Lock-up Mod Question

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am starting the TC Lock-up mod and have found the forward grey connector under the brake master cylinder, and the question I have is do you identify pin number 6 looking at the outside of the connector with pin number 4 in the upper left hand corner of the plug?

Thanks!

Chips 2000

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just found the pin numbers on the plug with #1 on the upper left hand corner.

Thanks,

Chips2000

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
I just ran a wire from the plug on the tranny. If you want dieselinnovations.com has a pdf explaining how to do it.

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
LCPThrill, I had the wire installed to the grey plug location before I read your post. Is there anything wrong with going to the grey plug?

Thanks!

Chips2000

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesnt matter which plug you take your feed from, so long as its the correct wire.

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
Yea, I just put mine there becaues I was not sure where the wire was in the firewall,......................and I was just lazy. I don't really use it that much though, it is one of those "yea I've got one" things. Same with my EBV brake mod.

Anyway where did ya'll put your switch for the lock-up?

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will figure out location this weekend and let you know. I also want to do the EBPV brake mod. Was that a difficult proceedure?

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
The only thing that was hard was getting to the wires under the y-pipe. I recommend that you take the pipe off, and save your frustration. Unless you can find the wire going in to the computer.

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just completed and tested the T/C lock-up mod and it works great! This will be a very nice mod since I tow a 9500 lb toybox in the mountains at times. Next will be the EBV brake mod (once I find out what the heck it is!).

I put the switch and LED on the lower dash to the right of the keyswitch. I could not find a dpdt lighted switch, which would have been nice.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58