TC question

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Why does my TC come unlocked when I go over a large set of bumps, such as train tracks or cattle guards etc....? :confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Why does my TC come unlocked when I go over a large set of bumps, such as train tracks or cattle guards etc....? :confused:

Probably because you hit your brake peddle. That will unlock the TC. You don't have to hit them hard, just the lightest touch will turn on your brake lights and that is what the computer sees as "brakes".

Dave :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Nope, not hitting the brake peddle. But I knew that the TC unlocked upon braking and I was wondering if even though I wasnt braking that the brake switch wasnt activating still??? These arent bone jaring molar busting bumps, but the are pretty good bumps. Mostly on gravel/dirt roads where there is open range and cattle guards and rough road.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Mike for some reason and I believe it's in the PCM code mine unlocks when I take my foot off the go pedal.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
John,

I assume you are a TEE5 also? Mine doesnt unlock until I tap the brakes (or go over hellacious bumps) or if my speed drops below about 38mph.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Mine doesn't unlock until I tap the brakes (or go over hellacious bumps) .
Probably a stupid thought but could the brake pedal be bouncing a little when you hit hellacious bumps? I know with some of the bumps we have up here more than the brake pedal bounces. The pedal doesn't need to be depressed very far to flip the switch.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
John,

I assume you are a TEE5 also? Mine doesnt unlock until I tap the brakes (or go over hellacious bumps) or if my speed drops below about 38mph.

You got it, I've thought about doing the TC lockup switch but just haven't had the time to investigate it.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I think when I get my chip I'm going to have some trans tuning burned in as well, TC lock up will be one thing for sure.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a TEE4 program in mine and it's higly annoying simply releasing the pedal will unlock the TC. I was under the impression that the TEE5 did the same thing other wise I'd have snagged the PCM that was in the junkyard.

I know when I was running w/ a chip I had enough power that I was barely on the throttle and even backing off the fuel to maintain speed going down a hill I'd unlock the t/c.

While you're sitting at idle see if you can ease into the throttle of if your throttle jumps up when you're trying to go slightly faster. Mine was such that I could not by fuel pedal make my truck run between idle and 1100 rpm no matter what I did this was solved when I replaced the IPR o-rings. Don't ask me the correlation between the 2 there but it did solve that problem. The other thing would be to check the Idle validation switch and make sure that the pedal is putting out the appropriate voltage and that there are no deadspots in the pedal assembly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14