TCI E4OD rebuild kit????????

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
TCI Auto 499128 - TCI Master Racing Overhaul Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

what are your thoughts?i need a tranny in the psd again and i dont have the money to shell out on a good one.the monsterbox in it now smoked the forward clutches out of it.the converter is fine and reverse works perfectly.it will move and shift if i rev the piss out of it.the tci kit sounds like a good deal for 270 bux and im sure i can figure out how to do it myself,cant be that hard to do

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hazard my guess to say that you're getting some cheap frictions and of the wrong count for your truck.

If you know which ones are then just replacing those will be your cheapest bet.

Here is a link to some parts for a bit more but you have well recognized heavier duty components. or from the same place the basic rebuild kit is a much lower than the tci kit you linked to

Given the mods you have on your truck you might want to see if you can scrape up the $$ to do it right so you wont' be doing the same thing in a few thousand miles. I am not positive that you will be able to use a stock rebuild kit with the monsterbox since if memory serves me right he uses some 4r100 components in to get higher friction plate counts. I would suggest calling someone like factory tech or racer x and asking them for what you need. You're likely to spend a bit more but the gains should be there in the long run.

and if memory serves me right you're using the PSD as your only means of transportation so getting the right parts at the beginning is critical to not being down and costing you even more.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
right now i have nothing to drive at all.the psd is sitting in a storage yard in pieces.i bought a 94 IDI wich is the twin to the psd.i listed the psd on craigslist.had a guy come look at it and he seen the 94 and is interested in the 94 so if he buys the 94 i gotta fix the psd enough to drive it with little money..

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
i bought all my parts from racer x, did my own rebuild on mine but i spent 1600 on parts and got a new high flow pump, all new plates and frictions new bushings and new bearings and some new pistons and did the tugger 2 shift kit it would be better just to find a tranny that works out of awrecked pickup and put in there and than save the money up and build yours.

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
that kit doesnt look like no racing kit to me looks like a stock rebuild too this is just my two cents

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
problem with a junkyard tranny is ill kill it in less than an hour unless i pull the chi,wich i might have to do cuz the guy wants the 94 :(

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
i was just thinking if you could pick one up cheap and baby it till you got your tranny built to hols up in your pickup it would be worth it than just keep patching up your problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58