Teapot whistle, Now I've had it

NHKR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I could end up having just as many problems with the Dodge as I had with my 6.0. I hope not, but time will tell.

I do like the new transmission that Dodge is putting behind the 6.7L this year. Its a 6 speed auto, based on a Mercedes design for medium duty trucks, built by Aisin. It is supposed to be a direct competitor for the Allison tranny the GM guys have behind their Duras. All the new 6.7's come with a factory installed exhaust brake too, that should be nice.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i hate to see you leave the ford family....cummins has always proved itself....but dodge trucks are a piece compared to fords....anyway.....good luck with your purchase i hope it's as dependable as your old 7.3's:thumbs

NHKR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey strokepower, whats the color of your truck in the photo? And it's a KR? I got my KR in 05 and I dont remember them offering that shade of red. My 96 was in the medium toreador red with the gray lower accent. That was my most favorite color scheme ever. On the 08's Ford only offered the dark toreador red. For me, way too dark. If they would of had the right color of red, it may have helped keep me away from the dark side.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey strokepower, whats the color of your truck in the photo? And it's a KR? I got my KR in 05 and I dont remember them offering that shade of red. My 96 was in the medium toreador red with the gray lower accent. That was my most favorite color scheme ever. On the 08's Ford only offered the dark toreador red. For me, way too dark. If they would of had the right color of red, it may have helped keep me away from the dark side.

he put on KR wheels, gives it a better look.

the 2008's are also available in the traditional bright red too, not just toreador red.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i was about to answer untill i saw Bama already did.....nothing else to say....nice job bama:thumbs

and yes i agree about the best of the red color schemes....i've see some dark reds like you said with a gold accent and i just can't bring myself to like them....but whatever floats your boat i guess.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
sorry to hear your bad news. but everyone knows the six liter was plagued by many problems. i have an 04 and NO problems to report with over 50K on the clock.
the 6.4 is a whole new breed, and with all the millions of miles and hours of testing over the last almost ten years, i'd say they've got the bugs worked out, if it weren't for the new emissions bull crap, i'd love to get the new one. but for now i'll stick with my six oh and my mods.

06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
after 3 days of towing (on a trip) I am now convinced this whistling noise is coming from the fan unit. Don't know if it is the eletric motor, a bearing or just the fan speed.

It appears that the fan unit runs (i forget off the top of my head) at 4 or 5 speeds. You can hear the rpm's raise as more cooling is needed. Mine whistles when the fan hits the next to highest rpm. The lower speeds only hear the fan rushing. at the 3rd (or 4th whichever) speed it whistles. As soon as the fan kicks up to the highest speed, the whislting stops. It only happens at that next to highest fan speed.

Maybe I'll start looking for an aftermarket replacement fan unit.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
(but whatever floats your boat i guess.)

Water

Or!!! In a perfect world - BEER :D :sly

Can you hear the noise with your windows up? When the fan kick to high - is there any chance the fan noise is just covering up the other noise?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58