test drove one??

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
my little brother(yes the one from the aic install):roflmao just called to say he just got done driving the beast. it is on LEASE from Ford. it is the only one they have. won't be getting any until end of march begin april. he said it is quick, quiet, duel tipped exhaust w/ a radiator as big as his focus...:roflmao the sleaseman gave him a book. i asked him the output #'s, turns out it was an old book. so he is goin back tomorrow to snap a cell photo. i'll let you know what comes of it...

monochomatic blue
ext. cab sb
rollin on 20's
xlt
$52k

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man!! that would be so nice!! i couldnt hear the one i saw over my truck so their definately quiet! man get us some pics!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
UPDATE:

while talking to my tech. today i got some insider info. on the delay of the 6.4 release. he said it is due to the ULSD!:roflmao it is puking the injectors and the hp fuel pump. they do not have one on the lot, told of the one my bro drove and he said it probably does not even have a VIN #, just a sticker claiming its exempt (demo) style vehicle. probably won't see them on lots for a good couple of months. take it for what it's worth. just passin along the ju-ju.

no pics yet?:sorry

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
red...is this the same dealership/tech that has been spewing
excuses to you about the turbo sticking ?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
red...is this the same dealership/tech that has been spewing
excuses to you about the turbo sticking ?
straight out answer YES!
but the thing is he was not the one who said about the sticking vanes. that mis-communication was coming from the service writer to me. regarding him, that is a whole different story. anyway, my tech.'s buddy was the one who actually told the story. my tech just backed it up and confirmed it was truth. so somewhere it was public somehow for him to know. FWIW!

gotta believe in my tech. he knows his stuff. he told me today that he did things out of the ordinary to try and solve my problem, like dropped my exhaust to check for obstructions all the way thru..:thumbs pulled sensors, bypassed sensors all in order to check other sensors:thumbs the list is longer, ill keep it brief.

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta believe in my tech. he knows his stuff. he told me today that he did things out of the ordinary to try and solve my problem, like dropped my exhaust to check for obstructions all the way thru..:thumbs pulled sensors, bypassed sensors all in order to check other sensors:thumbs the list is longer, ill keep it brief.

It's nice to have a tech that "go the extra mile" to help out a customer. Is your truck running better now? I tried to find your earlier post to get some updates, but couldn't locate it. If you can direct me to it, I'll take a look.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with my salesman in McKinney a few days ago about the '08. He said that Ford brought them the one that was at the TX State Fair to see. He didn't say if he drove it, but I'm sure he was drooling over it.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
greenville ford
says on the radio they got an 08 on the ground....
pulled an inventory and its a no go on 08's
have t go by there on saturday so ifffin its there i will snap a pic or two
-popcorn -popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg