Texas Newbie

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Hello all, This is my return to the world of the Powerstroke. I have had two Superdutys before now and loved them both. I live in N Texas north of FTW and work for dsi selling accessories to new car dealerships.The last 2 truck were cc/sb 4x4's. The first was an 02 7.3 and the second was an 04 with a 6.ohno.

My new superduty(new to me) is a 2k F250 2wd 7.3 auto Reg Cab Long Bed. I am going to be building this truck in my own way so an XL basic serves the purpose perfect. Not to mention the price was right.

Over the next 2 months I will be building this truck into a Performance Street Truck.
First up is shortening the frame and adding a short bed.
Next is updating the front clip to the 05-07 style. New paint inside and out. Most likely some DJM dream beams upfront and a link and bagged rear suspension.
Inside will be a 40/20/40 Leather seat , some Audio upgrades , adding power windows/locks and a remote start.
I should have it complete by January and then I can start on the performance upgrades. I already have the new Airaid instake system and will probably go with a modified Magnaflow turbo back system.I still haven't decided on the tune source but I'm sure it will be a combination of some sort.

Paint will be a reverse of the Platinum Edition scheme with slightly different shades of Dark Shadow Grey. I still have not decided on the pinstripe color but it will either be red or silver. Smooth with no badges/molding but I am keeping the handles but painting them to match.I am trying to decide on the mirrors. I can't decide between 08 full power/heated tow mirrors or power sport style mirrors.

I will start posting build pics in a new thread.

Whats up around here?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome

Welcome to SSD.com. Please keep the poictres of the build a coming, Sounds like you will have one hot truck.
:welcome :welcome3 :welcome2 :goodluck :oval :tex

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Welcome and good to see another texan here and from DFW
Thumbup19.gif

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet another Texan. Glad to see YA here. Sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you, good luck.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Thanks , you guys make me feel mighty welcome.

Texas Born and Texas Bread, just like Mrs Bairds and Shiner!:thumbs

Platinum, how do you like your TD chip?

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Texas Born and Texas Bread, just like Mrs Bairds and Shiner!:thumbs

Have you lived just around the DFW area or have you been all over TX? I have lived all over the US (and world for that matter) and dont know how somebody stays in one spot thier whole life. I just moved to Arlington back in Jan. When i get home this March i will be holding a little get-together at my house... you are more then welcome to come on down. I will post details when time gets closer.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Have you lived just around the DFW area or have you been all over TX? I have lived all over the US (and world for that matter) and dont know how somebody stays in one spot thier whole life. I just moved to Arlington back in Jan. When i get home this March i will be holding a little get-together at my house... you are more then welcome to come on down. I will post details when time gets closer.
The great thing about living in one place is that when you travel around the country/world and you get tired of where you are, you can always comeback home to Texas. I have been all over the US, Mexico, Canada and well, I like Texas.Besides , my wife lives here and I kinda like her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg