The cops here have nothing better to do

Two Four Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!

Evidently you live in an area that the crime rate is so low that they have nothing better to do than pull you over for a window tint issue...!!!???

No Methlabs to bust, murders to solve, illegals to deport???

Please see if there are any homes for sale in your area...

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Times is tough in Florida. Property tax revenue is down. Gubmint has to get its money any way they can. As if doubling license plate fees and title fees were not enough.

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in a argument with a county sheriff here in washington state about what dealers do to trucks and cars to sell them. what I was told was dealers can do anything to a car or truck they want, it's up to you to find out if it is street legal or not...... Sounds like a crock but that is the way the law is around here.............

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Got in a argument with a county sheriff here in washington state about what dealers do to trucks and cars to sell them. what I was told was dealers can do anything to a car or truck they want, it's up to you to find out if it is street legal or not...... Sounds like a crock but that is the way the law is around here.............

The cop was probably havin a bad day of PMesing or somethin. Or just had to have ONE more ticket before his shift was over. I've been pulled over for stupid stuff before. Then I would ask a officer friend of mine and they wouldnt even bother pullin someone over for that. I was in one arguement with a cop (almost got me in jail) over him sayin my van was too loud:eek:. Yea its got a nice rumble too it but I just bought the glasspack from an autoparts place! I told him why would they sell a part thats illegal to put on yer truck?? He told me to stop right now or Im goin to jail hehehe. I gladly took the warning and left haha.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Same way around my neck of the woods, the dealer can sell anything they want. You are responsible the second you pull it off the lot. Same reason brand new "low buck" pickups can be sold without rear bumpers. Gotta have em to pass inspection, but not to sell. When i was inspecting a few years ago, an suv could have any tint it wanted from the second windows back. Same with a four door truck, as long as it has two outside rear view mirrors( as daveben mentioned above). I think the only thing they might have you on is the tint on the front windows.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to change the tint on the front two windows, just because it so dark to see out of at night with the windows up. But it's still the principle that he did not inform me that I could get a ticket. He just handed me a ticket. If he had just come up and said Your tint is not legal you need to get it fix. I would have said OK I'll get it fixed. My buddy got me a meeting with the BOSS tomarrow about it, we will see what happens.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well......That did not go as well as I was hopeing for. Give them a tin star and it goes to there head.
He said that all the tint needed to come off and get the right stuff on there. No, and, it's, or buts. So now I am going to start taking photos of all SHERIFF VEHICLES with heavy tinted windows and start some crap with it. My father inlaw use to run the local TV station and my wife still knows reporters there. Like what the lawer said, whats good for the goose is good for them too. :dizzy

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Well......That did not go as well as I was hopeing for. Give them a tin star and it goes to there head.
He said that all the tint needed to come off and get the right stuff on there. No, and, it's, or buts. So now I am going to start taking photos of all SHERIFF VEHICLES with heavy tinted windows and start some crap with it. My father inlaw use to run the local TV station and my wife still knows reporters there. Like what the lawer said, whats good for the goose is good for them too. :dizzy

I hate big ego cops also! Heres what you do. Keep an eye out for him at your local doughnut shop. Get a little dog $hit and smear it up under the door handle on his patrol car. Park a little ways away watch and wait for him to get dog $hit all over his hands! Its funny as hell :lmaoand makes you feel alot better! Dont ask how I know.:innocent

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's just my opinion but I think you need to pick your battles, just think you are going to upset yourself more. Like I sid in a previous post and another person said the same thing, the law says if you put it on the road it is up to you to make sure that it is street legal, it's just like those tinted plastic license plate covers, they sell them every where but a cop can give you a ticket for them, a license plate will be clear with no obstruction at all. Hopefully there is some different laws in your area that the rest of don't know about and you are right, just don't think so...... Good luck.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58