the difference a few PSI make

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
in preparation to our upcoming long road trip next week, i have been checking brakes, greasing bearings, checking inflation pressures in the rv and removing unwanted baggage (excess weight)

previously i had the rv all set up nice and tight on the landing jacks up front and shored up tight out back on 4x6 lumber. THis was great, very little rocking side to side as i walk around the rv.

yesterday i checked all four tires and they ranged in the 74-77 psi
so i bumped em all up to 80 and finshed up.

Well today the wife said it felt like we had loosened up some cause the rv was moving more as i walked around.

then it HIT me a few minutes ago going over the pre trip checklist. adding a few PSI lifted the rear just enough to let the weight transfer back to the sidewalls and VIOLA we got shake and shimmy

i know only a few here call thier rvs home. but think of this more as a PSA to check your PSI on your trailer tires each trip :sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I got a short trip coming up next week and have been doing a few things to the trailer and need to air up the tires while I have the air compressor out there. I have to air mine up to 100psi because I have the 14 Ply tires. I am going to wait tell I get to the Arkansas River to wash the beast.

Sandman

Superfluous Tasks
Reaction score
Always check the tires before every trip & every day on the road.. the 5er has "D's" so 65psi all around.. hope to upgrade to "E's" when the time comes..

Working om metal valve stems next... then "E's"..

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always check them before I hit the road. I had "D" rated but I am stepping up to the "E" rated as I need to replace them. front axle is "E". rear is still "D"

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jopes, make sure your rims are rated for the up grade to the new tires.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14