The dogs

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been one of the worst week I have ever had. Monday one of my best dogs had to be put down. He lost all most all his body weight in 2 weeks found out it was cancer in his hole body. Then my other dog Tuesday comes down sick and cant move, cant eat or drink. Have no clue what happen but having to have him put down tomorrow. Vet coming to the house to do it. Gets better guys, I'm driving to a job and hit a dog that ran out in front of me. Now with that said I have one dog, Dexter and he's a pup. But I have to find what is getting the dogs sick in the back yard. I thinking it's the Cain toads. I killed one Friday night last week. He was big the weight on him was 1.22 pounds. These guy will chase and eat lizards. I use a small animal trap to catch them, using dog food.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your two dogs. Having your second dog put down at home is a GOOD choice. I did this a few years ago and it helped me a lot. :thumbs You will figure it out.

Dave

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the dogs. It's tough enough to have to put one down, much less two. We had to put down our poodle in 1998 due to old age, did it at the vets office and watched him do it. That's the hardest thing I've ever done. Then in 2008 we had a miniature Schnauzer to die suddenly in our living room after going outside. She had a seizure and that was it. We still have another mini Schnauzer who will be 15 in October and her health seems to be declining pretty quickly. They are like our kids. We have four other dogs in our house - my mother in law's 10 yr old Chihuahua, our 5 year old Silky Terrier, and two 10 month old tiny toy poodles. On a side note, you might want to get the book "Rescuing Sprite" by Mark Levin. If you're not familiar with Mark, he's a conservative talk show host but is as passionate about pets (particularly dogs) as he is about his politics. He lost a dog several years ago (named Sprite) that he and his family had rescued who started having problems shortly after they rescued him. During this time, Mark had heart surgery and the dog was by his side all the time. When the time came to put him down, their vet came to the house. In the book, he devotes an entire chapter to this, and I almost cried while reading it since it brought back memories of putting down the poodle. The book was originally a hardback but is now in paperback and I believe is available on Amazon.com and local bookstores as well as Mark's website, www.marklevinshow.com. Send me a PM anytime you like. Again sorry about the dogs but they'll be in a better and happier place, free of pain.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Well he passed last night, got up at 4am to check on him and he had moved on so I dug the hole and got it done. It funny how you get so use to having them around and your wanting to kill them for something they did then there not there to get mad at. Dexter got in bed with me last night around 1 and he's never done that. So that's must have been when he passed. Dexter's way of saying something to me.

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a dog lover, I can feel the pain and grief you are going through.

I know it is tough to put a furry buddy down. Sounds like your buddy was in a lot of pain and discomfort. You did the right, humane, dignified thing.

You, and the dogs are in my prayers.

ButchCassidy1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg