The first F-Series truck

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is restore it to stock. It would be worth a lot more, and it would be very rare.

X3 body wise But..

Up-grade the breaks and electrical system, put a pair of Stromberg 97s on the Flat-head, roadable Dif gearing, Dual exhaust, nice wheels/tires and enjoy ;tu ;tu

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Don't they have cameras in AK?
Yeah but the truck in in Oregon :dunno Mom said she will snap some photo's next time she gets on that side of the mountain. I was told it does need a fender due to battery acid? but other than that it is not bad.

This winter I am working on my 42' GPW so I don't really need the 48' up here until next winter. Want to haul it up Bama? Take you on a once in a lifetime fishing trip when you get here :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Want to haul it up Bama? Take you on a once in a lifetime fishing trip when you get here :D

Do you have enough GREEN to cover my trip for the haul bill? :sly

Just getting to go to Alaska would be a lifetime trip for me, the fishing
would just be extra gravey on the biscuit. :thumbs

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
The first F-Series truck (known as the Ford Bonus-Built) from Ford was introduced in 1948, replacing the company's previous car-based pickup line. I somehow just got one handed to me from my step-dad :sweet He purchased it a few years ago with plans on refurbishing it but has since decided that he is not going to get around to it. It has the original 239 CID Flathead V8 and is not in bad shape for a 60 year old truck. Now I have to decide weather to refurbish it stock or make a hot rod with a souped up PowerStroke under the hood ;tu What do ya think should be done?

Restore it,but build a nice flat head for it.;tu

atk

Reaction score
i kinda agree with everyone. you will have a year or so to decide from the sounds of it. i do think a power stroke `48 sounds awsome....:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road from my house to town has a 50mph speed limit. How fast will they go stock? It will never be in a speed zone over 55.

As I remember it, from the F-1 we had as a Farm truck, at about 45=50 it was topped out.. and scream'n it's guts out. Seems some had an OD unit but I don't no if it was an option or an aftermarket deal. Ours did'nt so it never left the Home place.

Gota remember, 35-45, maybe 50 was typical speeds, back in those days ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14