The Ford eats another Chevy!

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy earlier tonight at the local hangout and he it wouldn't stop bragging about how powerfull is truck was, (02 chev duramax, chipped, exhaust and intake) so joking I mentioned why don't we chain'em together on the pavement and see who pulls who? He thought about it for a second and replied "sure!" Out on to pavement we went with a 30,000lb tow strap linking us together. (with both trucks in 4 low)

1,2,3!!!

We both give'er! He immediatly starts to spin and bunny hop, the old ford doesn't even bark a tire and drags him a good 200ft before I decided he had probably had enough.

He says now that he still still loves his Chevy but has a new found respect for FORDS!

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Sorry to pee in your wheaties, but what is your point? Your ford weighs a solid grand more than that chevy. Your test was no metric for which truck was better, more powerful, more anything, except for which was heavier (and therefore got better traction...)

Keep in mind that with the right set of tires, HE would have dragged YOU across the lot, Ford and Chevy rivalry be dammed....

Same goes for the 90 ford vs the 97 chevy gasser. My guess is my 99 would drag my Dad's '06 Duramax without a second thought. I have bigger tires, and my truck weighs a lot more. THat is no metric for which is better. My Dad's truck wil out-tow, out haul, out run, and pretty much out do my truck in anything you could pick...

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
The true test is hook each rig up to 10,000lbs and pull a 7% grade from a dead stop and then from a rolling start at 55mph.

Oh and hooking bumpers is dangerous when the strap breaks :eek:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350, Not say which truck is better overall, but our trucks are equally matched. They weigh within 100lbs of each other every time we weigh in at the truck pulls, (he has extra weight added in the front of the bed) the same height at the hitches, both are running 4.56 gears, and have very similar tires in both width and height. We are also bumper to bumper 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

In all honesty I thought the results would have been the other way around.

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jharvey, I'm not sure how both trucks would do with your test but both trucks do frequently pull the 30-40,000 lb sled at the truck pulls and pull about the same everytime.

Last edited:

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Jharvey, I'm not sure how both trucks would do with your test but both trucks do frequently pull the 30-40,000 lb sled at the truck pulls and pull about the same everytime.

Patrick, that's cool. As you know it's all about traction in a pull off :sweet

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And teh secret was... You let him break traction by spinning the tires before you started pulling. I have a 92 toyota that, with the right amount of weight, could have pulled him once his tires were spinning.

But then humble pie is good for everyone from time to time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58