Update The last two years

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE"
Well finely getting some good bites on the house and looks like the business maybe sold. I'm starting school Jan 5 for 10 weeks to become a RV mechanic. Having some good bites on jobs after school in TN.
Father is kick cancer butt, has had stage 4 lung was given 3 months to live and has gone almost two years fight it and it almost all gone. He's doing really good, he's not great but he's A lot better then he was. It's taken a toll on him.
My son is doing good with his HIV. He finely listen to me and got him self taken his meds. when he is supposed to and now is in a non-contagious state.
My daughter is still a work in progress. At 27 she still need to pull her head out of her butt and listen and her life would improve.
My grandson is doing great in school, they want to move him from 1st grade to 4th grade. he's a hand full at 6 year of age.
His real dad need to be put in a deep hole in the swamp some ware.
So all in all life these last two years have been a challenge. I'm Praying next year will be a safe one and profitable.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a tough couple of years. I understand about setbacks/issues. One of my favorite aunts passed away on August 9th (my dad's younger brother's wife), then six days later on August 15th, my mother passed away after spending most of the previous 4 months in a hospital or rehab (starting with falling in April). My mom and my aunt were like sisters (even though they married brothers). Everytime we went to see my mom in the hospital she asked about her sister in law. She'd say "how's Ruth Jewel?" We would usually tell her she was ok, which we thought she was. Then when she passed away, my mom asked again, so we told her what happened. After that, she never said another word. Really strange. My aunt actually introduced my parents. Then six days later on August 21, our almost 13 year old German Shepherd had to be put down and in October, my oldest son had to put down his 12 year old dog that he rescued about 10 years ago that eventually became his best friend. I'm hoping that all of us have a better 2015.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I ant' got no problems, but your welcome to go ahead and pray for my wife and I. All joking aside, I am feeling good and getting around pretty good for a old man. The good Lord didn't give us any kids and just about everyday I thank Him for that.
We just got home yesterday from taking a two week Christmas and new years vacation. Parked our RV in my sister-in-laws driveway. We had water, 30 A power and a hose on the ground to dump the gray water, told her I was staying tell the poop tank got full. It rained 10 of the 14 days we were there.
Praying that 2015 will be a good year for everyone. Good luck on your RV school, let us know how it's a going from time to time.
Doug

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I ant' got no problems, but your welcome to go ahead and pray for my wife and I. All joking aside, I am feeling good and getting around pretty good for a old man. The good Lord didn't give us any kids and just about everyday I thank Him for that.
We just got home yesterday from taking a two week Christmas and new years vacation. Parked our RV in my sister-in-laws driveway. We had water, 30 A power and a hose on the ground to dump the gray water, told her I was staying tell the poop tank got full. It rained 10 of the 14 days we were there.
Praying that 2015 will be a good year for everyone. Good luck on your RV school, let us know how it's a going from time to time.
Doug

Doug, I bet she appreciated that. :) I'm sure she was glad to see you all though.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wayne, it was very good, my wife's sister will be 80 years old in Feb. and she still gets around good and works in her yard all the time.
My wife and her sister needed this time together, they are the only two of the family left. Sounds like your family had a good time.
Tell your son I have a nice building spot south of Terrell he can build that new home on.
Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg