the new Airbus A380!?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ill keep my feet on the ground.ive never been on a plane and ill never be on a plane.if i cant there in my truck it aint worth going.

dpantazis

Reaction score
ITS HERE!

i was at ohare yesterday and saw it from afar. the thing is HUGE! it was prominently displayed next to the international terminal, (T5). it DWARFS the building.

WGN Video of Landing

the video looks amazing. its shot from the news copter live as it landed.

BTW: the weatherman is the brother of the skilling convicted in the enron fiasco. he is a total knob.

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Boeing introduces the 747 way back in the day (some of you may have been around then :tounge ), airport had two major issues that they needed to resolve to get/keep these planes coming back. The terminals that existed couldn't even handle the amount of passengers waiting and then the ones getting off. They had to build new ones just for the 747. Second, the 747 was destroying the existing runways because they were not designed for such a heavy weight load so they had to upgrade that too.

That being said, I wonder what airports are going to do with this monster? Also, I wonder if there won't be any orders for them from any of the American carriers in fear that airport wont or can't afford the upgrades if they are needed?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Boeing introduces the 747 way back in the day (some of you may have been around then :tounge )

Do you remember the C47, (DC3)? I was asked to fly one in Cambodia in 1969.
The Ford tri-motor was way back in the day....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14