The new Lady is home....

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
You need the key to get the cylinder out Big K by using the little hole and a push pin.

Dave

See, I told yall it had been a while.

But I know my 93 was broken and would start without the key LOL

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Any competent locksmith can make a new key, assuming that the vehicle isn't PATS protected (which none of our trucks are).

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost the keys to my old CrewCab one time many years ago and had to call a lock smith out to Irving one morning so I could go home. I had a door key in my pocket to get the door open. He just put a wire about the size of a coat hanger in the little hole everyone is talking about and pulled the cylinder out.
You can buy a new Key & cylinder at AutoZone for less than 10 bucks

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
you have to be able to turn the ignition on to push the pin in on the cylinder to remove it.get a small allen wrench or piece of an oil dipstick.stick it into the key hole.turn the ignition by hand to put a littl pressure on it like you were starting the truck.now scrape the bottom of the lock cylinder in and out till it turns.i can do this and have your truck running before you could get the key out,stick it in and turn it.

also try useing the key to the other truck.it may just go in and work or you may have to hold a little turning pressure on te cylinder by hand and wiggle the key up/down,in/out and it will turn.

once the ignition turns your all set.you can push the little pin in and remove the cylinder and use a screwdriver or just make sure you dont turn it all the way off.

look around inside the truck you may find the key under the seat or drivers side carpet/floor mat.

i can start both of my trucks with the same key :D

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
WD40 said:
I lost the keys to my old CrewCab one time many years ago and had to call a lock smith out to Irving one morning so I could go home. I had a door key in my pocket to get the door open. He just put a wire about the size of a coat hanger in the little hole everyone is talking about and pulled the cylinder out.
You can buy a new Key & cylinder at AutoZone for less than 10 bucks

You need the key to turn the cylinder to the RUN position before you can use the wire to release the cylinder. I suppose one could use some sort of big screwdriver to turn the cylinder by force. If it was easy everyone would be a car theif or lock smith.

Dave

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Paul, what 2 way radio is in it, looks like a kenwood commercial UHF or VHF, if right model and UHF wanna sell it?
Rick H...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
rickh said:
Paul, what 2 way radio is in it, looks like a kenwood commercial UHF or VHF, if right model and UHF wanna sell it?
Rick H...
Same radio we have in the Excursion it's a Moto syntor 9000 and it being Texas it'll most likely be in the VHF due to the rolling deep forested landscape in Pauls area.

I sent you a PM also :sweet

BigStroker

Demented College Student.
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
you have to be able to turn the ignition on to push the pin in on the cylinder to remove it.get a small allen wrench or piece of an oil dipstick.stick it into the key hole.turn the ignition by hand to put a littl pressure on it like you were starting the truck.now scrape the bottom of the lock cylinder in and out till it turns.i can do this and have your truck running before you could get the key out,stick it in and turn it.

also try useing the key to the other truck.it may just go in and work or you may have to hold a little turning pressure on te cylinder by hand and wiggle the key up/down,in/out and it will turn.

once the ignition turns your all set.you can push the little pin in and remove the cylinder and use a screwdriver or just make sure you dont turn it all the way off.

look around inside the truck you may find the key under the seat or drivers side carpet/floor mat.

i can start both of my trucks with the same key :D
I've tried the key he thought was it....NOT.......and I have tried the key from my 1995 PSD, my Dad's 1996 PSD, and my brothers 1997 PSD....none work....-mad

Guess i will have to call a lock smith to try and get a key made.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
BigStroker said:
I've tried the key he thought was it....NOT.......and I have tried the key from my 1995 PSD, my Dad's 1996 PSD, and my brothers 1997 PSD....none work....-mad

Guess i will have to call a lock smith to try and get a key made.

Swap columns with your brothers truck;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14