There might be a 2011 in my future...

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well...I hate to say it, but I might be trading up here soon. I love my 7.3, but its gotta be replaced at some point...

I drove the new ones yesterday and the salesman told me that to upload music to the hard drive in the truck...you can only do it using cd's. That seem right? Seems like you should be able to do it with your ipod or flash drive...

Other than that...whats the general pulse on these? I havent heard any horror stories.

Anyone interested in an AWESOME 2002?:D

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well I havnt heard anything on horror stories. BUT they are still fairly new. Does seem to be a TON of them out there already. I love the 2011's. Yea you would think you wouldnt need a cd to upload your music. Do the new superduty's have that Ford Sync set up?? My bro has it in his Edge and loves it. You can hook yer ipod up to it. You'd think they would just use the sync system since its really popular and easy to use.

dpantazis

Reaction score
wait for the SECOND year of production. they work the bugs out in the 2nd-3rd year, then after that, they try to cheapen it all out to make more profit.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I love my '11. Make sure you get the sync system. I haven't had an issue with the truck. Don't worry about getting 3.33 gears. There is plenty of power.

Franchi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can't say for the 2011 series specifically but I always, always wait til at least second year of production for a vehicle. Whenever I buy one though, I know Im gonna run it into the ground and own it for prob 5 to 12 years so I like to make sure I get one with all the kinks worked out.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I love my '11. Make sure you get the sync system. I haven't had an issue with the truck. Don't worry about getting 3.33 gears. There is plenty of power.

The one I'm more than likely getting has the 3.55 gears because of the 20 inch rims (dont ask me why the package it that way). I love my 7.3...but these new ones are just awesome.

There were 2 i was looking at. One had a build date of 10/10 and the other of 5/11. i figure there could have been some kinks worked out if any so im targeting the 5/11 build date.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I did it!!!

Absolutely love this thing! The power is outstanding, ride is wayyyyyyyy smoother...and I got 16mpg on the first tank!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love this thing! The power is outstanding, ride is wayyyyyyyy smoother...and I got 16mpg on the first tank!

Thats why your now eating at Jason's deli instead of the steak house...LOL
Just kidding. I'll get me a new one, one day. I have to run the older body styles for now. Paycheck does not pay like it use too. :dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
Thats why your now eating at Jason's deli instead of the steak house...LOL
Just kidding. I'll get me a new one, one day. I have to run the older body styles for now. Paycheck does not pay like it use too. :dunno

LOL...funny thing is...I was walking out of outback! Had some beers with my buds.

I've saved a lonnnnnnnnnng time and its nice to see it has payed off!

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and your '02 7.3L is sitting in the drive, or did you trade it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58